Weebly Reviews by Users
Each review passes our filtering system, so you can be sure that all reviews are honest and real (all spam, duplicate and self reviews are filtered out).
Got something to say about this hosting company? You can also submit your own review (scroll down for the input form).
|Vicki, 21st of August, 2011|
|I originally loved Weebly, and the quick and helpful responses I received to questions. However, for the past six months I have contacted Weebly through the company's online form trying to get several questions answered, and I have received NO responses. I think perhaps they have grown too much and can't keep up with demand. |
(1) Easy to use.
(2) Can have a website up and running (basic site) in under 30 minutes.
(3) The company continues to add functionality.
(4) ONE person at the company -- Richard -- really seems to know his stuff.
(1) SEO. As another reviewer pointed out, you can create a nice site with Weebly, but the search engines won't find it--even if you meticulously complete meta tags. I finally made my site inactive several months ago and switched to a new domain and provider because of this.
(2) They used to seem to really care about their customers. I don't get that feeling anymore. When no one responds to multiple requests via online forms, it sends a clear sign to customers. I even sent a direct email to someone at the company who had been very helpful to me in the past, but he completely ignored my email. Thinking it was perhaps lost in cyberspace (or that he responded and it went into my junk mail), I sent another email, AND checked my junk folder. No response, so I gave up and am waiting for my renewal to expire, which it will in a couple of days. Had ANYONE contacted me, I likely would have renewed.
(3) Not the best product for advanced web developers, or folks who are really serious about growing a business. This service is, however, a fantastic service for those seeking low-cost or personal sites.
(4) If they want to be a real company and play with the big boys, my suggestion to to have a tech support line. It doesn't have to be 24x7; but give us SOMETHING. Companies that don't have a tech support contact available via phone give the impression that they really don't like people, and really don't want to deal with them.
(5) Inability to FTP. I have myriad eLearning portofolio samples that can ONLY be uploaded via FTP. (No, they CANNOT be converted to video and uploaded, because the courses are interactive.) This--coupled with the SEO issue--was the final deal breaker for me on Weebly. Adding insult to injury was the non-responsiveness.
Having said all of that, I would recommend Weebly to newbies or those with limited technical knowledge who want just a basic site. It's quick, cheap, and has a not of nice features for those just getting started in the online world.
|Mike C. M., 16th of August, 2011|
|Weebly has provided an excellent and versatile way to build a website. Mine at http://www.sceniccostarica.com , is completely built with that software. It's gotten me a lot of hits and pagerank is presently "2". I think Weebly is a great place to grow a site!|
|McKenna, 14th of August, 2011|
|I don't know if I should start a Weebly account. I would like a place to display some of my writing, but I'm not sure it's for me. I mean, i'm only a teenager. Do you think it's a good, kid-friendly place to advertize?|
|reseller hosting, 11th of August, 2011|
|web hosting sense, the loss of customers in the value of time and money. Another disadvantage for customers who run their sites on free hosting services do not have control over your website that the owners put a lot of rest, he adds on his website that he had absolutely no relevance to website content. This often afraid to visitors and to choose as a result of some other sites.|
|Person, 03rd of August, 2011|
|I don't know how the website is because I could never get past registration. I tried several passwords and none of them worked.|
|dan sauvie, 03rd of August, 2011|
|I have absolutely nothing bad to say about weebly... I WOULD appreciate a support number though in case I need it. Only downfall... Need a tech support number.|
|Mike Bove, 01st of August, 2011|
|I created websites as long ago as ten years, but none in the last 6 years using MS Frontpage and a limited knowledge of HTML. Wanting a page to display info on my new book, I worked with Frontpage, and other applications I got online. What a waste of time, nothing produced good results. I ran across WEEBLY and my new site was published within an hour. It is easy to build the basic site, then add to it and improve it. Though I am still working on it when I get time, I am satisfied that it is presentable to viewers. The many tools that WEEBLY provides are very easy to use. Thanks WEEBLY.|
|Robert, 30th of July, 2011|
|Just like most of you I have had trouble with Weebly too.However I was talking to the wrong people at Weebly.This is the person to E-Mail.I will guarantee you this man will get the problem fixed for you email@example.com .It took him about 10 Minutes to fix my problem.If you have been talking with the women in the front office(Barbara Thompson)sorry to say you have been wasting your time.I telling you that this guy will fix your problem.I suppose their are 1 bad apple on ever tree.My site is working perfect now.Thanks Richard|
|Adrian, 30th of July, 2011|
|The best ever website builder and I never had a prob with customer support, all round good eggs! Keep it up, Adrian|
|Robert, 26th of July, 2011|
|Extremely easy site builder.I believe it's a shame the company is run by a bunch of morons.|
Submit your review about Weebly.com