Hello 000webhost forum members, I am just opening this thread because of a recent situation that happened with my 000webhost account and i feel as if i must speak about this.
Yesterday July 3rd 2012 i joined an PPD website for the first time foolishly thinking i would make any money. On the forum of that PPD site one of the members posted an simple script to attract traffic and get earnings, the script consisted of just a well designed Index and an button which redirected to another site which then redirected to another site that would be the survey.
I was trying out demos and uploaded one of those scripts to my FREE 000webhost account which i've had for over 4 years
and although it was an FREE account i was an affiliate user and was constantly promoting the website. Now please keep in mind this script i uploaded was not malicious in anyway it was simply an index with an banner/dark background and just a button with a redirect to an ad and then an survey. I planned to edit the script some and then re-sell it, point being i was using it just as a demo!
Today i tried to login my 000webhost account to continue working on the script and then BAM i get hit with this message: "Your 000webhost account has been closed, Please read our ToS"
At this point im speechless not because my account was closed but because I've been a member of 000webhost for over 4-years and they didn't even have the courtesy to give me a warning instead they closed my account with 5 websites being hosted on it.
What gets me about the whole thing is that i didn't break the ToS, I've read the terms of services agreement very carefully and nowhere on the agreement does it state an user can't have an index with a button that redirects to survey.
Lets go through the 'Important Rules' really quick...
1. No adult content of any kind = There wasn't any adult content!
2. No warez / hacking / phishing sites = There wasn't any illegal content being hosted!!
3. No mass mailers / spammers (account will be automatically suspended if you will try to send mass mail), so if your software supports such feature, disable it right now. = None of that was being hosted on my account!
4. We do not allow any file sharing scripts to be run. (allowed if you upgrade account) = Nope, It wasn't an filesharing script, nublets!
5. Chat, proxy, or file download scripts are not allowed. (allowed if you upgrade account) = Nope, once again none of that was on my hosting account!
6. Paid-to-surf, auto-surf, buxto, and any other similar scripts are banned (allowed if you upgrade account) = Nope, the script wasn't even remotely close to that!!
7. We do not allow online gaming scripts such as ogame, mafia, etc.. (allowed if you upgrade account) = Sure the script had a Diablo3 design but it wasn't a gaming script, it was just an index with an image of the Diablo3 game.
8. Nulled software such as ip.board or vbulletin is not allowed to be hosted = Once again Nope, none of that content was being hosted!
9. Account cannot be used to store files only (allowed if you upgrade account) = I wasn't storing files in my account!
10. Sites related to torrents cannot be hosted (allowed if you upgrade account) = Nope, no torrent related content!
I have opened an ticket on a new account and am awaiting an response, All im asking for is an explanation for why they did what they did. Hopefully this matter is resolved because at this point im seriously disgusted with 000webhost customer service, If something isn't done about this im afraid i wont be promoting or hosting with 000webhost/hosting24 any longer.
Thanks for reading!!