Free Web Hosting Forum
Go Back   Free Web Hosting Forum > Website Building > Content Managament Systems
Reload this Page Joomla 1.5.3: just give up!

(#11)
Old
333 - only half evil
Bad Karma[CORE] is on a distinguished road

Default 07-29-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marckthereturn View Post
If you are trying to install Joomla 1.5.3 on your 000webhost website: please, do not waste your time.

000webhost does not support the required technologies to adequately install the CMS. And you'll also have problems with WordPress, Drupal and any other script that you install.

When you install WordPress 2.5.1, you get problems with the comment system. In Drupal, if you want to put images in your posts, just forget: it won't be possible.

Joomla? haha... not at 000webhost. Their FTP does not allow you to connect via Joomla, so you won't be able to post your images correctly. You won't even be able to edit the configuration.php file, that is required for your CMS to work properly.

Joomla requires one functional FTP account when installed on a Linux server. Well, 000webhost's FTP is not accessible by Joomla, so: give up!

If you're skeptical, go ahead and try. Maybe some of their old-version applications work. Maybe. But if you want to use a decent new version, man, it just sucks...

I just wanna know when do they intend to solve these terrible problems, because THEY KNOW about them.
Joomla! 1.5.4 working fine without any problems on 000webhost, same for Wordpress 2.5.1 and 2.6 which i was running. There weren´t any problems with the comment system whatsoever.

Just just need to know how to install scripts in a proper way and know your way around some common error messages.

One thing that made me really laugh is your note about adding pictures and not being able to change the configuration.php-dist for Joomla. But that clearly shows to me that you are little to not experienced at all with it.

And now go rant, i can take it ´cause i know it works
(#12)
Old
man_joko is on a distinguished road

Default 08-01-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senser View Post
I use joomla 1.5.3 and try to install components, templates, mods in "extensions"->"install/uninstall", alwayse i receive warning message: "Warning! Failed to move file."
It because of a configuration php.ini of a server ? Where it is possible to read log?
I use Joomla 1.5.3 and get the same problem before, chmod to 777 your cache directory, it should be work fine.
(I think I got this solution from joomla forum)
(#13)
Old
dalp is on a distinguished road

Default 08-01-2008, 11:48 PM

I have just installed Joomla! 1.5.5 and its works just fine. The web browser install didn't work so I had to do it manually. I am a complete CMS novice but I was able to do it by following the joomla.org installation guide. Didn't install the sample data, uploaded a couple of pictures and my own favicon.

Perhaps with a little more patience and persistence the original poster would have been able to succeed.

dalp.net63.net - only just started so there isn't much on there!
(#14)
Old
Nukage is on a distinguished road

Default 08-03-2008, 02:04 AM

I'm always getting Warning! Failed to move file. Please tell what are all the folders that should be chmodded to 777. Thanks
(#15)
Old
man_joko is on a distinguished road

Default 08-03-2008, 04:19 AM

Nukage,
Following are some dir that I chmod to 777 to make joomla able to install template, modul and component, and upload images :
\Admin
\cache
\components
\images
\media
\modules
\templates
\temp
(#16)
Old
serbamurah is on a distinguished road

Default 08-08-2008, 01:03 AM

anyone have try newest joomla?

You can host all website type (www.filesharinghosting.com)
(#17)
Old
Administrator
sizzlefire is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to sizzlefire Send a message via MSN to sizzlefire Send a message via Yahoo to sizzlefire Send a message via Skype™ to sizzlefire
Default 08-08-2008, 01:15 PM

If you mean, 1.5.4 it worked fine for me.
(#18)
Old
333 - only half evil
Bad Karma[CORE] is on a distinguished road

Default 08-08-2008, 02:04 PM

Latest version is 1.5.5 which works fine too.
You just have to know your way around ^^
(#19)
Old
Administrator
sizzlefire is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to sizzlefire Send a message via MSN to sizzlefire Send a message via Yahoo to sizzlefire Send a message via Skype™ to sizzlefire
Default 08-08-2008, 11:56 PM

Oh, 1.5.5 is out now, I didnt know, I dont really keep up with joomla, I use WP and SMF.
(#20)
Old
po3t is on a distinguished road

Default 08-17-2008, 11:41 PM

i think, you not completely upload all file

follow the rules -
don't spam the board -
respect other member -