Free Web Hosting Forum

Free Web Hosting Forum (http://www.000webhost.com/forum/index.php)
-   Content Managament Systems (http://www.000webhost.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   can't login to wordpress site (http://www.000webhost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33893)

method_man 04-12-2013 02:50 PM

can't login to wordpress site
 
went to login to my site (http://method-designs.com/wp-login.php) to add some content to my blog section, all of a sudden i can't login. all i get is http://error404.000webhost.com/?. what happened? i haven't touched any line of code on my site, ever. suggestions? thx

ShocK 04-12-2013 03:04 PM

If you haven't altered anything try reuploading the folder called wp-admin overwriting the old one (back up first as always)

durhamite 04-12-2013 03:56 PM

I have the same problem, I just this server as a testing playground so i just setup a new wordpress site and I still can't get into the admin page. I can however access the site. using the latest wordpress install freshly downloaded this morning

peq42 04-12-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durhamite (Post 180109)
I have the same problem, I just this server as a testing playground so i just setup a new wordpress site and I still can't get into the admin page. I can however access the site. using the latest wordpress install freshly downloaded this morning


We are two.

I install wordpress today and i cant login too. :\

Hollend 04-13-2013 10:36 AM

It's blocked by 000webhost - someone is playing with botnets and attacking multiple wordpress sites (he's trying to bruteforce the passwords by using dictionary attacks).

So it's not from your wordpress files.

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Members Area
Servers under the DDOS attack
We're currently experiencing issues due to a DDoS attack targeting our servers. This is resulting in some of our customers sites being slow or even unavailable. Our admin team currently blocking attack source and server should back online shortly.

This is a global issue and most of the incoming traffic is being directed to the WordPress login page which is why during the attack WordPress logins will be disabled and wp-login.php script will redirect to our error page. We are monitoring the situation and doing everything we can to minimize the downtime as much as possible. You can read more about the problem @ http://blog.cloudflare.com/patching-...e-wordpress-br

Please do not submit and tickets about this issue and do not increase our work load as we are fully dedicated in resolving this problem. We thank you for your patience and understanding in the matter


tichy 04-13-2013 11:15 AM

How can we get around this then because i really need to access my admin panel?

Hollend 04-13-2013 11:48 AM

I managed to avoid the restriction by copying the file wp-login.php as wp-login2.php and then on line 680 (from wp-login2.php) changing

PHP Code:

<?php echo esc_urlsite_url'wp-login.php''login_post' ) ); ?>

to

PHP Code:

<?php echo esc_urlsite_url'wp-login2.php''login_post' ) ); ?>

Then you log in from /wp-login2.php . Remember that it's just a temporary solution, when the problem is fixed you should delete this file and go back to the original one.
It worked for me - you can safely use this if you really want to change something on your blog.

tichy 04-13-2013 12:05 PM

<?php if ( $customize_login ) : ?>

is on my line 624

here is my full wp-login.php also cant find the string you mentioned

http://pastebin.com/8W923FXJ

Hollend 04-13-2013 12:07 PM

You have to change/replace line 680 (from wp-login2.php) which is:
PHP Code:

<form name="loginform" id="loginform" action="<?php echo esc_urlsite_url'wp-login.php''login_post' ) ); ?>"

with something like this
PHP Code:

<form name="loginform" id="loginform" action="<?php echo esc_urlsite_url'wp-login2.php''login_post' ) ); ?>"

Where wp-login2.php is the name of your copy of wp-login.php - and then login directly from your wp-login2.php.

I meant to say you should find that string on line 680 and replace it with the new one.

tichy 04-13-2013 12:26 PM

thanks thats the wp-login page sorted but its the wp-admin page that i need fixed you able to help me out with that?

Hollend 04-13-2013 12:31 PM

wp-admin is not actually blocked, it redirects you to wp-login.php if you're not logged in, but if you log in from wp-login2.php it should take you directly to wp-admin without problems.

tichy 04-13-2013 12:35 PM

When i login in the wp-login2.php page i dont get redirected anywhere and when i go to wp-admin it still goes to the 404 error page

Hollend 04-13-2013 12:39 PM

In this case I don't know what could cause this... once you log in you should be able to get to wp-admin. Are you sure you made the correct changes in wp-login2.php ?

Nyssa 04-14-2013 07:40 AM

I used this to fix my username and change my password for added security while they're fighting off the botnet. Thanks!

mrphi96 04-14-2013 09:05 AM

thanks....

Nyssa 04-14-2013 05:19 PM

Strange. It worked last night but now it won't work anymore. :P

Update: Now it's working. Thanks to this little trick, I've beefed up my site security and run a scan. :)

DarbyOhara 04-18-2013 12:39 PM

I followed the instruction and renamed the wp-login.php to wp-login2.php and after several tries I was able to log in. But regardless of what I select, most of the time whenever I select anything while logged in, it comes up with the 000webhost.com/404error and if I try to hit that back button, same error. I have to manually reload the front wordpress page and navigate back to where I was... unless it gives me the 404 error message again. Very sorry and pitiful. I am not sure that this is due to the login script changed to wp-login2.php or if it is the server... and I think it is the server. Anyone else having this issue?

ShocK 04-18-2013 01:08 PM

Did you only rename it?

DarbyOhara 04-18-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShocK (Post 180573)
Did you only rename it?

No. As I stated, I followed the instructions. In fact, there were many places in the file to change from wp-login.php to wp-login2.php I attempted to change them all. but all I have to edit online files is this host 2nd file editor. So I can't do a search and replace right now.

However, I am trying to update posts, plugins, settings, etc in my wordpress, but I am constantly getting this:

http://www.main-hosting.com/resources/?ip= (this shows my ip address)

And I am stuck there unless I manually reload my website from the initial page and navigate back to where I was at... this happens constantly and is very annoying. It can't be the wp-login file I edited becuase sometimes it works, but other times it gives me that error above. Is anyone else having issues trying to update content in their wordpress?

ShocK 04-18-2013 01:38 PM

I'd just replace that one line and use it for what it is - a temporary stop gap; atleast it works (partially, no good for forgotten passwords etc) if you really need to get into the back end - works to update posts etc, haven't tried plugins though.
You could use notepad++ for editing, it has a search and replace function.

DarbyOhara 04-18-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShocK (Post 180576)
I'd just replace that one line and use it for what it is - a temporary stop gap; atleast it works (partially, no good for forgotten passwords etc) if you really need to get into the back end - works to update posts etc, haven't tried plugins though.
You could use notepad++ for editing, it has a search and replace function.

I can't install that or any program on this computer and must work online thru the host applications. But it doesn't make sense why I am constantly getting that error when I am trying ot update posts, settings, etc. Sometimes it works, but many times it don't. It is only happening when I am logged into the dashboard to do anything. I get the error and have to manually start from the main wordpress and navigate back. It is hit or miss. Like it doesn't like wordpress dashboard. I am about ready to give up on wordpress on this host.

ShocK 04-18-2013 02:08 PM

It would depend on what you have edited, you say you've changed more than just that one line, for anyone else to be able to duplicate it and try and help would mean knowing exactly what you have changed and if it affects any other part of wordpress (includes for instance)

Hollend 04-18-2013 02:11 PM

The problem with main-hosting.com shows up if your IP address has been used for spamming purposes (000webhost seems to check the IP addresses when they display a website - if that address is blacklisted they redirect you to main-hosting.com).

It happened to me when I used CloudFlare - their servers use IPs that are blacklisted, hence the "error".

If you're using CloudFlare, that might be the reason - so it shouldn't be caused by the PHP script.

DarbyOhara 04-18-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShocK (Post 180578)
It would depend on what you have edited, you say you've changed more than just that one line, for anyone else to be able to duplicate it and try and help would mean knowing exactly what you have changed and if it affects any other part of wordpress (includes for instance)

No, that is not correct. As I stated a few times, it is hit or miss. If i select something to update or edit in the dashboard, sometimes it allows me. Many times it won't and comes up with that error. I am a 'c' programmer on the side, so I am familiar with coding. So it is not the edit when sometimes it will and other times it won't. Code doesn't work like that. The problem si with the hosting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollend (Post 180579)
The problem with main-hosting.com shows up if your IP address has been used for spamming purposes (000webhost seems to check the IP addresses when they display a website - if that address is blacklisted they redirect you to main-hosting.com).

It happened to me when I used CloudFlare - their servers use IPs that are blacklisted, hence the "error".

If you're using CloudFlare, that might be the reason - so it shouldn't be caused by the PHP script.

Unfortunately you might be right about the blacklist.. but this company got SERIOUS problems because I am on a server which should not be blacklisted by anyone. I can't reveal who, but it is government.

I'll try again tonight from my home computer. If it duplicates, then this hosting has more issues than I care to debug or mess with. I realize free is free. But no one wants headaches and flaws even if it is free. And why is this hosting company appear to be the only hosting company with wordpress issues? I just came from an expired host which I didn't want to pay ridiculous renewl fees (lunarpages.com) for a simple personal blog to share private music. And they have zero wordpress issues. Go figure.

Hollend 04-18-2013 04:03 PM

Well, it's the way CloudFlare works: you access their server, if they don't have a cached version of your page, they use their server to get it's content from your website (on 000webhost). The problem: 000webhost checks each IP address if it's listed on StopForumSpam's database (lots of CloudFlare's IP's are there :D) and if it is, they redirect you to main-hosting.com.

Basically it's because of CloudFlare - my own blog (wordpress) is hosted here and it works fine.

Anyway if you don't use CloudFlare, you probably got a IP that was used some time ago by someone else for spamming.

You can read more about this here, as you can see I had this problem too: http://www.000webhost.com/forum/cust...sting-com.html

DarbyOhara 04-18-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollend (Post 180582)
Well, it's the way CloudFlare works: you access their server, if they don't have a cached version of your page, they use their server to get it's content from your website (on 000webhost). The problem: 000webhost checks each IP address if it's listed on StopForumSpam's database (lots of CloudFlare's IP's are there :D) and if it is, they redirect you to main-hosting.com.

Basically it's because of CloudFlare - my own blog (wordpress) is hosted here and it works fine.

Anyway if you don't use CloudFlare, you probably got a IP that was used some time ago by someone else for spamming.

You can read more about this here, as you can see I had this problem too: http://www.000webhost.com/forum/cust...sting-com.html

Again, no... I don't have, use or know what CloudFlare is. I am on a govt server and has nothing to do with any spamming. So again, it shouldn't be on any blacklist. Again, I will check it again from my home personal computer and server 9which I know is also not on any blacklist. If it keeps throwing me off, then I am done with this hosting and company! Glad I didn't pay anything!
And someone should be questioning their tactics in the first place... to blacklist a federal govt server ip? Hmmmm!

ShocK 04-18-2013 06:28 PM

This also works - http://www.000webhost.com/forum/cust...tml#post180585

DarbyOhara 04-18-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShocK (Post 180588)

I am not having any problem signing in anymore now that I edited wp-login.php and renamed it. My major problem is constantly getting booted to the generic 000webhost.com while I am logged into the dashbord of wordpress. It doesn't happen if I am fiddling outside the dashboard. Once I go into the dashboard, whatever I select is a hit or miss and never duplicated. meaning if I hit "add new post", it sometimes let's me add a new post or it boots me to a error screen and I see the advertisement for 000webhost.com. I is not my install or login or php files. It is something to do with the hosting. If I am the only with the issue, then it might be my ip server. But that is federal govt, so not sure why it would be a problem.

ShocK 04-18-2013 09:26 PM

I don't see how you can rule out the file you edited, both ways of getting into the back end work and keep you logged in, the only way that doesn't work so far is the way you have done it and only you know what you have edited in that one file.
I've never heard of an IP being half blocked either - allowed to do one thing but not another. The problem sounds more like a sessions type problem and that could well be linked to the file you edited.

You wrote
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarbyOhara (Post 180575)
there were many places in the file to change from wp-login.php to wp-login2.php I attempted to change them all.

It's known that just changing the one line works, to me it looks like if you randomly edit some/most of wp-login to wp-login2 it causes issues once you get into the backend.
To add, messing with login files can affect things like sessions and cookies, this would cause random logouts.

DarbyOhara 05-03-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShocK (Post 180596)
It's known that just changing the one line works, to me it looks like if you randomly edit some/most of wp-login to wp-login2 it causes issues once you get into the backend.
To add, messing with login files can affect things like sessions and cookies, this would cause random logouts.

That is just silly and plain wrong. I've been programming in 'C' since the 80's and I know code. I analyzed that file and wp-login.php is STRICTLY referenced over a dozen times in critical commands actions for various functions. If you changed just the one line to wp-login2.php and all the other critical references looking for wp-login.php, which doesn't exist because you renamed it to wp-login2.php, it should error more than the moon will shine. Please explain how those references to wp-login.php is working when you renamed it and it is now [FUBAR]? If it is working for you, then you have some magic on the host then we do!

I went back to the original wp-login.php file and again, it is hit or miss... sometimes it would let me do something in admin, most times it won't and I get the typical (http://www.main-hosting.com/resources/?ip=my ip number] error -- and that is doing identical functions or just simply loading the main menu. It is not the code or the program, it is the hosting! And I have tried on several different govt and personal ip's... all same result!

ShocK 05-03-2013 03:36 PM

You said
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarbyOhara (Post 180575)
No. As I stated, I followed the instructions. In fact, there were many places in the file to change from wp-login.php to wp-login2.php I attempted to change them all. but all I have to edit online files is this host 2nd file editor. So I can't do a search and replace right now.

Which is what I based my answer on
Now you're saying
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarbyOhara (Post 181077)
I analyzed that file and wp-login.php is STRICTLY referenced over a dozen times in critical commands actions for various functions. If you changed just the one line to wp-login2.php and all the other critical references looking for wp-login.php, which doesn't exist because you renamed it to wp-login2.php, it should error more

Anyway, it was never said to be perfect, it was a temporary workaround to get into the admin panel, loads of functions like registering etc would not work with this method as it wasn't intended to be a full on replacement.
It worked for me and it worked for Hollend, I suspect it would work for you aswell but you (at that time) said you had randomly replaced certain references to wp-login.php
Knowing code you would know that randomly replacing references is not a good idea.

DarbyOhara 05-03-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShocK (Post 181080)
Knowing code you would know that randomly replacing references is not a good idea.

Baloney! Yes, knowing code it is dumb to have a file full of call references to a file (e.g. wp-login.php) that doesn't exist. Perhaps you and others haven't encountered errors yet... I find that absolutely impossible if you only changed one line.. OR you still have a wp-login.php at /wordpress/ which then questions your integrity. Look, we can bicker back and forth all day long. If it works for you, consider yourself fortunate (until wp-login calls reference). I KNOW for a fact it is not the wordpress code or php files. Why on earth would a function work sometimes, and most times it gives the hosting error. No other hosting place is experiencing issues with wordpress... except this one! go figure! I think more like... BALONEY!

ShocK 05-03-2013 06:25 PM

I followed the instructions - It worked.
You did not follow the instructions - It did not work.
Figure that out yourself.

Anyway it was a temp solution, anyone who used it reverted back a week or so ago.

sashaman 05-23-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarbyOhara (Post 181077)
That is just silly and plain wrong. I've been programming in 'C' since the 80's and I know code. I analyzed that file and wp-login.php is STRICTLY referenced over a dozen times in critical commands actions for various functions. If you changed just the one line to wp-login2.php and all the other critical references looking for wp-login.php, which doesn't exist because you renamed it to wp-login2.php, it should error more than the moon will shine. Please explain how those references to wp-login.php is working when you renamed it and it is now [FUBAR]? If it is working for you, then you have some magic on the host then we do!

I went back to the original wp-login.php file and again, it is hit or miss... sometimes it would let me do something in admin, most times it won't and I get the typical (http://www.main-hosting.com/resources/?ip=my ip number] error -- and that is doing identical functions or just simply loading the main menu. It is not the code or the program, it is the hosting! And I have tried on several different govt and personal ip's... all same result!

humm i am not a programmer, but let me tell you this:
changing the ONE line works for most ppl (weirdo eh?)
you changed a bunch of stuff and you 404 to the page thats supposed to shine if wp-login.php is called lol
my guess: YOU have an error in your modifications

wp-login.php is not going to vanish,
and why does not removing it question anyones integrity (it's 404'd anyways uh?)
and are you willing to modify all the files again after an WP update?

and finally: get some wp security addon
(atm "Better WP Security" and "Wordfence" are the most popular on wp.org among several others;
these can change all the wp-login.php stuff w/o hassle)

good luck


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.