~~19maxx

Last edited by 19maxx; 04-21-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: File, not folder
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator
d3iti is on a distinguished road

Default 04-22-2012, 08:54 AM

Hello,

The latest versions of Moodle requires a number of resources that may not be able to find free hosts.

Check that the resources you need moodle version you are trying to install does not exceed the requirements provided by the server.

Also note that there is a limit of 10,000 files which you can store on the server. How many files/folders you are trying to decompress?

Recuerda realizar copias de seguridad de tus sitios web. Si este mensaje te ayudó puedes pulsar sobre el botón karma
(#3)
Old
WorldOfBullcraft is on a distinguished road

Default 04-22-2012, 07:29 PM

Latest stable Moodle 2.2.2+ is 80MB compressed as .zip.
There might be the cause for the failures to unpack this serverside?
Or not enough rights on the file itself.

Crafting Bulls since 2010!
Innectis Canibus Cum MMX!

How the fuck do people manage to write posts, if they can't even read in the first place!

Last edited by WorldOfBullcraft; 04-22-2012 at 07:34 PM.
(#4)
Old
loud is on a distinguished road

Default 05-07-2012, 04:15 PM

I just setup Moodle 1.8 (that version is about 6 years old but some older sites still use it). There were no problems as the .zip file is tiny compared to version 2.2. Needless to say, there must be a lot of new functionality added over the years. I am going to explore using version 1.9 once I resolve my DNS issues on my other account. A lot of issues are likely security related. I note that it is July 2010 version 2.0 was first released. So, 1.9 is not really a dinosaur yet.

One small problem I had was that I couldn't log in as moodle admin once the installation completed - that problem was solved way back in 2008 on this forum manually editing the database password string. I wrote down the details in case it matters.

Anybody running Moodle 1.9?? My interest is ESL specifically audio related modules for speaking, listening and pronunciation.
(#5)
Old
wffong is on a distinguished road

Default 06-18-2012, 11:05 PM

Do you have to install Moodle yourself, or is there a script available? I am trying to install v2.2/

Quote:
Originally Posted by loud View Post
I just setup Moodle 1.8 (that version is about 6 years old but some older sites still use it). There were no problems as the .zip file is tiny compared to version 2.2. Needless to say, there must be a lot of new functionality added over the years. I am going to explore using version 1.9 once I resolve my DNS issues on my other account. A lot of issues are likely security related. I note that it is July 2010 version 2.0 was first released. So, 1.9 is not really a dinosaur yet.

One small problem I had was that I couldn't log in as moodle admin once the installation completed - that problem was solved way back in 2008 on this forum manually editing the database password string. I wrote down the details in case it matters.

Anybody running Moodle 1.9?? My interest is ESL specifically audio related modules for speaking, listening and pronunciation.
(#6)
Old
ShocK is on a distinguished road

Default 06-18-2012, 11:15 PM

If I remember, the latest version of moodle is over the 10,000 file limit that 000webhost has for each account. Earlier versions are ok but check how many files before trying to install.
The auto installer in cpanel doesn't work at the moment.
(#7)
Old
wffong is on a distinguished road

Default 06-18-2012, 11:27 PM

Thanks for the quick response.
Has the auto installer ever worked, or is it just a temporary out of order situation?
(#8)
Old
ShocK is on a distinguished road

Default 06-19-2012, 06:56 AM

Presume it has in the past, never known it to work though, all I know is it's on a list of things to do, so I think it's a case of "how long's a piece of string?"

Tags
extraction, ftp problem, moodle, zip