Free Web Hosting Forum
Go Back   Free Web Hosting Forum > 000WebHost Services > Customer Assistance
Reload this Page Unable to connect to FTP server on port 21

(#1)
Old
teacup is on a distinguished road

Default Unable to connect to FTP server on port 21 - 01-04-2009, 10:15 PM

I created a new site a couple of days ago and have spent the whole time trying to upload Wordpress and phpBB to it. Yesterday, I finally got Wordpress to unzip. I keep getting an error message:

Quote:
Unable to connect to FTP server ***.comze.com on port 21" Are you sure this is the address of the FTP server? This is often different from that of the HTTP (web) server. Please contact your ISP helpdesk or system administrator for help.
I have a few sites on my account and I've only tried uploading things to the most recent two, but neither of them will allow it. I can get only as far as logging in and then clicking 'File Manager'. 'Another File Manager' works for uploading, but I can't unzip the files. It took me an hour to get to upload a 2mb file split into 4 (it kept timing out otherwise).

Both of those sites are on .comze.com - is there a problem? I submitted a help ticket, but didn't realise that if I added a reply, they would only reply to the second comment and didn't get a reply about this. Hopefully I can get a reply on here before 24 hours is up

I've tried it on two different computers and two different internet connections, so it doesn't appear to be on my end (I've seen that as a reason for some other port 21 problems on this forum) and the password is unchanged (I signed up on 1 January and the password is still as I entered it on signup). It happens both when I enter my username/password manually and when it goes straight from the 'File Manager' link.

Or is there another way to unzip uploaded files?

Edit: I created a new thread because I wasn't sure whether to tack it on to another one - most answers involve passwords being wrong?

Last edited by teacup; 01-04-2009 at 10:19 PM.
(#2)
Old
Administrator
chanh is on a distinguished road

Default 01-04-2009, 10:21 PM

Yes, I am also on that server and having intermittent problem on and off.
(#3)
Old
tailsgpt is on a distinguished road

Default 01-09-2009, 04:00 PM

I had the same problem with the timeouts on comez.com (server21) so I remade an account that moved me to server20 thus far no timeouts.
(#4)
Old
Ben P is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Ben P
Default 01-10-2009, 02:39 AM

server 21 and 22 are very heavily loaded so you may have some FTP errors... wait a while and they'll go away.