404 error. the URL requested was not found on this server

Please help me solve this problem. I am having the above mentioned error when i try to access my website’s dashboard. This have become a headache for me and i have been trying to search the solution for this but it is still unresolved. I actually installed a plugin that was for the purpose of speeding up my website’s loading but when i installed it my dashboard crashed and i was having a 500 server error. Then i kept on searching and trying to find out ways to recover my admin access and for that purpose i deactivated all my plugins from php my admin. Furthur i deleted a file from my webhost account and i found this error 404 which is still unresolved.

Please help me with that…anyone. im waiting for ur help guys

Did you delete the htaccess file?

What is your URL? :1

yes i did delete the htaccess file but i restored it and tried again but it didnt worked for me.

my URL is https://yourtimetoshoptk.000webhostapp.com/admin . If i remove the term admin the site is working fine. But if i want to login my dashboard then its not. Why is that so? Please could u fix it for me?

i mean to say that its just yourtimetoshoptk.000webhostapp.com that works. However e.g if i want to access yourtimetoshoptk.000webhostapp.com/category/men, it will just crash and show me an error 404 that my URL cannot be found on server.

@teodor can you have a look?

Try now?

:1234:sunny:

Hi @Sam93!

yes i did delete the htaccess file but i restored it and tried again but it didnt worked for me.

You have restored it wrongly. Now it is restored correctly and everything loads fine.

Please clear your browser cache and try again.

Thank you so much everyone for being here for me and yes its working fine now :slight_smile: .Can you please guide me about what had happened and what should i do if in future i get the same problem?

i want to upgrade my site to hostinger. What would be the complete domain of my site when i make an upgrade? would it be yourtimetoshoptk.hostinger.com?

when i try to install a plugin it shows a message of installation failed! could not create directory. Now what is that?. is it because i deleted the plugin code from my php admin?

although i can see all my plugins in the file manager.

…This is an image of the error

Don’t know what would cause that. Maybe another moderator can help you out. If you upgrade to Hostinger, you won’t have something like subdomain.hostinger.com. Instead, you need to have your own domain. You can get one for free at freenom.com. Otherwise, you can use Hostinger’s free sub domains: esy.es / 16mb.com / 96.lt / hol.es / pe.hu / 890m.com

Ok thanx bro…il have to wait for someone to sort out this problem…although iv tried multiple ways to solve this but nome works .

Teodor/infinity im looking forward to you guys to solve this problem for me too…im just an illetrate when it comes to coding etc etc…

Thank you so much everyone for being here for me and yes its working fine now :slight_smile: .Can you please guide me about what had happened and what should i do if in future i get the same problem?

1. Never install cache plugins

2. Never delete .htaccess before backing it up.

i want to upgrade my site to hostinger. What would be the complete domain of my site when i make an upgrade? would it be yourtimetoshoptk.hostinger.com1?

You will have one of the subdomains offered by Hostinger, not its customer domain. However, depending on the plan, you will be eligible for a free domain. Please check out the below offers. Contact Hostinger Support directly for detailed information.

when i try to install a plugin it shows a message of installation failed! could not create directory. Now what is that?. is it because i deleted the plugin code from my php admin?

What code from what file have you deleted? (please screenshot the filename and its location if you can)

What is the name of your plugins folder?
If it is plugins2 rename to plugins, if your site stops working then a plugin is causing the issue.

im having an error adding my website to facebook . The error tells me that the website hosting 000webhostapp.com is not secure… Is there a solution to this?

I also tried to do that for instagram and it showed the same msg.

I also tried to make a facebook app and when i entered the URL it was not accepting the URL and it said that the URL is found to be malicious/ or abusive.

What’s happening man?? :no_mouth: