Backup Akeeba do not show

Hello,
I upgraded to Hostinger and I’m trying to do a backup with Akeeba, my site is in Joomla.
The backup shows in my backend, but do not show in the file manager or FTP.
I have two old backups done this way, but I need the recent.
I need download it from ftp to avoid issues.

I’m guessing that Akeeba is a third-party plugin to backup Joomla? If so, its hard to tell what the issue may be here.

However, since you just upgraded to Hostinger, all you need to do is contact Hostinger support (using live chat button in your Hostinger control panel), tell them you need the site migrated, give them your 000webhost account info, and they will handle it all for you.

If you still want to have the local backup, I suggest you follow Joomla’s official backup process which will give you the best instructions on how to backup the whole site and the database.

https://docs.joomla.org/Backup_Basics_for_a_Joomla!_Web_Site

1 Like

Yes, is a third-party extension.

I am already accustomed to using it in and never had any problem and as I mentioned above I had already made other backups and no errors occur, only now, when I do the procedure it runs normally and still I can even download it directly from the backend, but this is not recommended as it can give errors when I restore it.

They did the migration, but there were many errors, so it is also recommended to always use Akeeba on Joomla websites.

I thing that the problem is not the extension, because the file stay in the backend, but not in the backup directory.

What do you mean “backend”? Do you mean the file manager?

No, the backend is the Joomla administration.

See the image below, the ID 1 and 2 are from Oct 10 and Aug 23, I can download it from File Manager or FTP, but the ID 3 was done today, I can download it just here, but the file is not in the directory with the others 2 files.

I see. I looked into your File Manager and I’m seeing the same thing. I think you should try backing up again to see if this issue continues, and if it does, just use the file that you can download from the administration panel.

In any case, this seems like an extension failure, not an FTP/hosting issue.

I tried 5 times :thinking:

I’ll try to uninstall/reinstall the extension.

I tried to do this and don’t work…