Blank page for simple "hello world" test for HTML and PHP

[code]<?php

// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL
phpinfo();

// Show just the module information.
// phpinfo(8) yields identical results.
phpinfo(INFO_MODULES);

?>[/code]

What happens when you make a php info file?

https://e107install.000webhostapp.com/phpview.php

The phpinfo() was actually the first thing I tried and got a blank page, but thought there might be some kind restriction showing that info. But now I can’t get a simple “helloworld” to show up. On my server, I have version PHP Version 5.6.30. So again, this page works on my server, but the php page doesn’t work on this server.

<?php
  phpinfo();
  phpinfo(INFO_MODULES);
?>

And it’s saved as phpinfo.php

Might be worth hitting general settings, reset on the website and trying again :confused: very odd.

Any .htaccess file on your site that might have old code in it?

I’m brand new, and the phpinfo was the very first thing I put in there and it didn’t work. I have tried to reset the website, I gave it it’s free domain back and uploaded the one html document that worked last time but it is not working now. I uploaded a second simple html doc and I still get a blank page. If html isn’t working now, I doubt php will. Also is it normal or not normal to have .1kb of space for each of the HTML docs show where it’s uploaded but have 0kb show on the website. *Remember I don’t have an index page so you can see all the files directly.

Also, is there someway I can contact 000webhost directly, because this doesn’t seem to be a problem on my end.

Well it turns out that I can’t directly chat because I’m not a paying member. I did try and send an email through their site. I hope someone can help.

Just here via the community forum we can normally resolve the issues.

@andrius might be more helpful than me though.

How are you uploading them?
Have you tried creating a new file via File Manager like I did and pasting in the code and saving as page.php etc?

Ahh, That was the problem. I had a seeked earlier in our conversations to know if I was uploading them correctly. I guess I got confused because in order to get to the file page, you have to click the button “upload files now”. Then I see the create a new file. I created a new file, not knowing that I was just naming a spot for one. Now that I explore more, I now see the upload button. I thought it was awfully odd how this website was finding my files. I have no idea how I got one html file to work. I must of copied a file and didn’t realize it out of frustration. Thank you so much for helping me.

My next question is: is the upload button considered a built in FTP for this site or should I install FileZilla and that is where the real power is? Sorry if it seems like a stupid question, but I am learning how all of these things work from a book.

I use File Manager for quick code edits and uploads usually, but if FileZilla is open I’ll hit that up.
You can upload .zip files and extract them using File Manager or you can unzip them via uploading with FileZilla then using “unzipper.php” on your site via the tutorials section on the forum.

1 Like