Cloudflare MX Record Proper Settings

Hello,

I request for some help about setting up my domain’s mail account.
I seek a way to conveniently read emails sent to my domain.

Maybe setting up MX Record will help. If this is correct, what will be the settings for Cloudflare MX records for my domain hosted at 000webhost?

Hi @prorocks2013!

If your domain is pointed with CNAME using Cloudflare, yes you must configure the MX records from Cloudflare. (Cloudflare cPanel > DNS > Add MX records)

You could use a Zoho or ImprovMX for email handling :wink:

1 Like

Thank you ImprovMX seems very simple. I hope it works.

1 Like

It should work. I have tested it myself with positive results :wink:

I am in trouble again! I accidentally set ImprovMX with my personal email account instead of site mail! How can i change it @NGiNX ?

If the settings are done from ImprovMX, there is no way I can help you.

Try re-adding your domain to their database with the new e-mail settings.

They say this domain already exists. Is there any tutorial around for improvmx?

ImprovMX is provided ‘as it is’.

You’ll have to contact them and ask to clear your domain from their database, however I don’t know how could you do that, as they do not provide a contact e-mail address, nor a support forum.

But please note that ImprovMX only forwards e-mails sent to *@yourdomain.com to the specifid e-mail address. If you need more advanced services, please consider using Zoho.

I remember you mentioned something about zoho. how about if i change my MX records to zoho?? how to do that?

You’ll have to register a Zoho account and confirm your domain. Please register there, and you will be giuded on-the-go by their cPanel. :wink:

If you modify the MX records to Zoho’s ones, ImprovMX settings will not work anymore.

Zoho is not accepting my domain. Is there any other alternative @NGiNX?

Another good alternative would probably be Google.

Please follow this tutorial to set up MX records with Google Mail Service :wink:

If MX services say they can’t verify your domain, it might be due to Cloudflare’s security. Please go to your domain registrar, temporarily switch to registrar’s NSs, and then try again.

Google mail service sounds great. Can you get me a tutorial on how ot set it up?

Uhm… I suggest you to follow the link to the article I have posted, because I have never actually tried Google as MX.

However @Infinity @akhilkumar332 might advise better than I do, if they are online :slight_smile:

Check the tutorials section for using Google for your email.