CNAME Pointing Problems

Hi, I am experiencing an issue with the cname domain pointing. I am pretty new to these things so I hope I can get an informative, detailed and helpful answer. I have already followed the tutorials but ran into some issues.

I am trying to point forum(dot)asauthrpg(dot)com (GoDaddy) to forum-asauthrpg.000webhostapp.com (it says internal error has occured - previously, it does not recognize the cname, but now it does, i think… how to check?).

Besides that, tried to point asauthrpg(dot)com to asauthrpg(dot)000webhostapp(dot)com but it says virtual host already exists.

So I have two problems here.

Can anyone help me with this?

I will provide my Godaddy DNS settings below:

I will not be using domain parking for some reasons.

Hey remove all other records A, NS and remove 1 cname record also.
Only add two cname records

@ your000webhostappurl.com
www your000webhostappurl.com

1 Like

But can I not remove the A record of ‘play’? I own a gameserver whereby when players want to join, they will have to enter the IP, but to keep it simple, I do the A record so that they can simply type play.asauthrpg.com instead of the numbers.

And regarding those two name records, should I add another one for ‘forum’? Should I remove the _domainconnect?

000webhost won’t recognize yr records until there are only two cname records that i told you. So you only need those two cnames records and except them remove all existing records

Okay, and it seems I cannot remove those NS.

Okay then remove everything except nameservers and add the cname that i told you :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Izrie is your issue fixed?

No. It still says internal error has occured.

Can i get screenshot of your domain records?

@Izrie You messed a bit :sweat:

Until you can’t park this domain (asauthrpg.com) in your account, you can’t point towards forum-asauthrpg.000webhostapp.com.

You’re getting this error because, domain(asauthrpg.com) you’re trying to park belongs to another account.

Are you’re sure you’re the owner of this domain?
If yes can post proof of your ownership?

1 Like