CNAME Record for 000webhost.com

Hi,

How can I set CNAME record at 000webhost.com???
I need to configure it with Google Apps. (To set CNAME destinaton to **ghs.google.com

Thank you…

Check your CPanel for “Modify MX Record” enter the url there, and that should work.

:slight_smile: Which URL??? I’d like to Change URL for Email from http://mail.google.com/a/mydomain.com (default) to mail.mydomain.com

At google apps, the CNAME should be set to ghs.google.com.

I’ve set the MX record (at 000webhost) to [U]ghs.google.com.[/U]

But, I can’t open address mail.mydomain.com

Please help…

At Control Panel:

• Sub Domains

&

• Redirects

Good Lucky

Can you give any example please.

You will need to set this in your domain name service provider cpanel to add a CNAME record to point to Google special URL that you get from your Google apps when you setup the domain there.

For example:

googlef40e42e0528efdc1.yourdomainname.com CNAME google.com

I can’t edit CNAME, it’s free hosting.

Kdio write:

At Control Panel:

• Sub Domains

&

• Redirects

How i do that ?

not here, where you get your domain name.

Enom by google.

@chanh
I wanna set CNAME value to go.domains.live.com, but I don’t want to change any settings that have been set when I register my domain… what must I do then? Is xname.org (DNS hosting) can set any changes? [NOTE : this post still on the topic]

It depends on who host your name server.
Is Xname or 000webhost?
Is xname is then you need to make any dns related change on xname?

@chanh
so, I don’t need to change anything on my domain settings once the DNS server is/are targeted to xname DNS server… am I right?

I don’t know what change are you talking about and where?

@chanh
That’s why, I’ve a bad English language. Sorry for that thing.

Okay, I wanna post my domain (.uni.cc domain) to xname.org nameservers, so I can add/change/delete more types of records. How to use that?

This question on how to use xname should be direct to xname support but I just happen to know the answer so…

you have to create a zone for your domain name and modify your zone to add whatever you want.

Hi
Sorry for the comment on such an old post but I was wondering if you ever solved this problem?

Hello,
I’m having this trouble, I’ve bought the domain with godaddy, and email hosted with google, so i want mail.newlightz.com, I’ve edited the cname on godaddy, but whenever i go to mail.newlightz.com I get error page from 000webhost so I think it’s related with 000webhost cuz im getting error from 000webhost page, So Where can i edit cname on 000webhost ?

Thanks.

Hi, go to Modify MX records in members area, the code you got setting up with google email goes there.

Thanks, +1 to your karma, I’ll try it.

So, I’ve a question Do I just need to enter the code I got from google in MX records ? So Do I have to create new subdomain mail.newlightz.com and set MX records ?