Codecharge built website problem with Greek characters

i have set everything to UTF8 but still having problems with greek characters it just shows hex numbers.
please see link to see what is happening. is there a solution thanks
https://mazimporoume.000webhostapp.com/mazimporoume/k9_details_list.php

Hi @pzambounides !

Greek characters are supported by ISO 8859-7 character set, not UTF-8.

Please check out this tutorial, and use ISO-8859-7 as character set.

tried what you said but still having problem did you see the site
thanking you for your help

Did you used File Manager to edit your documents?

1 Like

Wait a second… But charset is not specified with your scripts anyway :confused:

Let me investigate a little …

UPDATE: Specifying the character from PHP using header() or from .htaccess for some reasons doesn’t work. However adding the classic <meta> tag solved the problem. I’ve outputted it using print() function.

With all of this, the characters do not render the way they should. Did you modified your script from File Manager?

no what i do i fix everything local using codecharge then upload using the file manager.
but the site locally on the pc works fine its only when i upload to the server everything screws up.
everything worked fine when the settings where all utf8 but now i have changed everything to iso-8859-7
and now the server does not work locally and also still have the same problem at the server. again thankyou for your time and help as soon as this works will want to upgrade.

@pzambounides Seems fine,

**Is there anything i’m missing? **

yes the question marks are greek letters like ψωψωψ

i see, What happens when you use UTF-8?
and
What happens when you add this"AddDefaultCharset Off" in your .htaccess file?

i get the question marks when i put greek directly through phpadmin and when i go through the site i get the &#989 number

basically hex number

try it for your self copy these Greek letters and paste them ψωψωψω.
just click on the ID and change the name of the dog K9_name field.

Let me try and i’ll get back to you.

Check this thread, See if it helps you.

i will try iso 8859-1

ok fixed site by doing everything from scratch thankyou for your help i have set everything on mysql to Greek_general_ci
and in codecharge set everything to utf-8 and it works great i see in phpmyadmin all greek chr. and in the web site everything shows as greek dont figure but it works again thankyou for your time and help

1 Like

@pzambounides I’m glad you solved it.
Any issues do post back :slight_smile: