Cron jobs

Is there a way to acces the file wich contains the cron jobs?
I need to acces it with PHP script, so the Cpanles cron job creator is not good for me…

It would be essential for me.

Please, if there is a way to acces the file holding the scheulded jobs, tell me…

2457 - this is a shared server, so it’s not possible

so … You mean there is absolute no way?
:frowning:

Is there any chanse -in some sort of payd way, off course- to add this little feature to my account?

I mean, what price would I have to pay to somehow solve this here problem for me?

If I understand correctly the limiting factor is that this is a shared server.
Is there a workaround for it?

I’m realy intrested in this thing. I think I would pay a reasonable cash to have a solution for this.

If you want to have full access to all files on server (including file responsible fro cronjobs), you will need dedicated server. Dedicated servers start from $100 per month usually

100$ ?
:slight_smile:

I think it over, doesn’t sounds bad.
For now I don’t need a full dedicated server,
but in short time will need surely.

I will contact You in private for thisone.

And thanks a lot.
I’m verry statified with the job You guys are doing.
so if there is a way, I would stick to you guys.

you don’t need a dedicated server for a single cron job, i know is a shared server and needs to be fast, but you can allow cron jobs for days or weeks, for cleaning databases or something :wink:

anyway, thanks for this host :smiley:

dpaladin - we allow cronjobs, but if I understand right, this user want sot have DIRECT ACCESS to cronjob file. It’s impossible

correct.
I would need acces to a cron job file wich my scripts can acces, and edit.

To be honest I had been looking around for VPS solutions,
some have as low as 30$ or so.

Problem is, even those are too powerfull for me.

What I would need is…
100 Mbyte free sotrage,
64 Mbyte ram,
rest is just like the free host plan of 000webhost, and I only need acces to a cronjob file.

Don’t know, I’m trying to approach some smaller providers in hope someone is kind enough to privde me a cheap slow small virtual private server, LOL…

or maybe I could recycle some old pentiumIII hardware and convert it to a small “sandbox” server for my plesuire… I think I have static IP addres. should work as a webserver, say… a “dedicated” server LOL (mm… pentium III 1000 mhz, with 128 Mb ram would do the trick) and images and mysql could be just set up on some paid host, LOL… possibly would not be the best choice…
boot from optical media, and put linux into ram may speed it up to a scale I would never need…
LOL that a fun thing…
To bad I have little to no knowledge of linux…

oh, sorry, i misunderstand =S

and thanks for allowing cron jobs :smiley:

Um, what do you need that the cPanel cron thing doesn’t already do? You wanna dynamically allow people to create their own tasks? Why not cron a php file and add all their stuff to it, then set it to run? Like, make a cron for:

1seconds.php
2seconds.php
1week.php
2week.php
1month.php
etc.