DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error on main domain, on alternatie open but insanely slow


#1

Staff, My site jaacosta.com having loading issues, returns DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN on main site jaacosta.com and loads insanely slow at https://jaacostacom.000webhostapp.com/

Site worked properly yesterday I monitored it past 2200, no changes made

I receive periodic alert from wordpress’ site monitoring, it comes and goes, seems a server load issue.


#2

Update, speed at https://jaacostacom.000webhostapp.com/ improves, but load imcomplete, do not load the wp theme, or the css


#3

Update, seems loads fine at jaacosta.com but still load incomplete at https://jaacostacom.000webhostapp.com/

Main site jaacosta.com still loads its css incomplete or corrupt


#4

Did you change any URL?


#5

no changes either to the site (24h) or my DNS(since pointing to 000webhost NS months ago)


#6

Just edited my theme to switch fontts and nothing changed (but 000webhost issue with iThemify gzip cache stills, I had to edit .htaccess every time I change my themify settings).

Current staturs:

JAAcosta.com load contents theme (iThemify) do not load fonts properly.
jaacostacom.000webhostapp.com do not load theme layaout neither fonts

no changes to NS, or URL related stuff, I added yesterday a filter to my .htaccess to block site.ru spam traffic and it worked w/o issues, it was almost 20h before the failures on record.

Maybe you introduced new code to your footer or another change introduced by you since 10:00GMT corrupted the site


#7

Now DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error on both access (jaacosta.com and jaacostacom.webhostapp.com) …


#8

back online, still issues with theme (fonts and layout dont load properly) and load speed


#9

My site still has issue sloading theme elements, as fonts, favicon, layout(only on jaacostacom.000webhostapp.com)


#10

Still issues loading layout and fonts ant jaacostacom.000webhostapp.com and loading font at jaacosta.com

Also I detected the “Brandong” element appears twice superimposed on itself.

I think you implemented the Branding element the wrong way its intrusive with wordpress theme, generates interference. I keep a stagging version of my site at my nas running on a docker container, 1:1 to the production version and it has 0 issues, si likely the harm comes from your branding element.


#11

Seems I detected the source of the issue:
My site accessed at http://jaacostacom.000webhostapp.com waits for some files (css) from HTTPS://jaacosta.com I didnt enabled HTTPS in mi site yet, no way it to ask for https content, I have never installed a certificate in my site, this is imposed, likely from your branding footer filter.


#12

Forcing http://jaacostacom.000webhostapp.com load the site fine, just the font issue remains and not to default jaacostacom.000webhostapp.com to HTTPS


#13

Managed to re-work my site theme to look again as before:

  1. Edited fonts w/o default o to one specific font as close to my stagging site.

  2. Disable iThemify’ script minimization (gzip .htaccess issue) Theme Settings -> Script Minification

That’s akk this reworked my Wordpress site to cohabitate with 000webost branding …


#14