ECONNREFUSED when connecting with FileZilla

Greetings!

A couple of times now I’ve attempted to connect via FTP to upload files to signal31.com, hosted here at 000webhost.com. The last time I had other things on my plate, and the uploads weren’t vital, so I held off on it for some time. I suspected it was a technical error that would clear up.

However, today I am still receiving a “Connection refused by server” message. The specific messages I’m getting:

Status: Connection attempt failed with “ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server”.
Error: Could not connect to server
Status: Connection attempt failed with “ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server”.

FZ gives up after four connection attempts. I opened up the command-line FTP utility, punched in “open 31.170.162.114:21”, and received a “Connection refused” message.

The FTP settings page in the control panel suggests that I have access to upload files via FTP. I could use the file manager, but, having quite a few files to update, I’d prefer to use FTP.

I appreciate any assistance. Thanks!

• Ron

You can see your Website?

Yep! Signal31.com comes through loud and clear, Sweet.

Edit: What I meant is that I can view Signal31.com through my Web browser without a problem. Everything shows up as it should.

[40 minutes later]

It’s connecting now. If it happens again, I’m going to double check ZoneAlarm to see if that’s the culprit. I can’t blame this on the servers at the moment.

Cheers!

Hey, you should be able to fix this error by reconfiguring filezilla network configuration. Intructions how to resolve Connection attempt failed with “ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server” error can be found here.

1 Like