Email didn't work correctly, probable loss of contacts

Hello,

Problems since I moved to the new panel.

Some client of mine tried to contact me in the previous days and got this:

mail@jacopoatzori.com:
SMTP error from remote server for RCPT TO command, host: mail.post.000webhost.com (153.92.0.94) reason: 550 5.7.1 Service unavailable; client [212.227.17.24] blocked using new.sp
am.dnsbl.sorbs.net

I am afraid I lost a lot of messages that bounced back to my contacts, very important for my job.

1. Why did this happen and how to get it work without trust issues?
  2. How can I track back the bounced mails in the previous weeks?

Do you have an email forward setup from cPanel, or are you using MX records for email handling?

Like you’ve posted

212.227.17.24 is blocked by spam filters

You need to tell 212.227.17.24 that they’ve been blacklisted.

mail.post.000webhost.com (153.92.0.94) is not blacklisted we are fine.

I’m using the email forward setup offered by you, is there a way to have the MX?

Thanks. 212.227.17.24, how can I see who it is?

Also, is there a record of the bounced message stored on my server?
I need to retrieve information about the people that tried to contact me in the previous weeks.

I’ve just checked my mail and it looks blacklisted?
Can you help me understanding and whitelisting it?

Thanks

I’m using the email forward setup offered by you, is there a way to have the MX?

You can use services like Zoho or ImprovMX to set up specific MX records for your website.

Thanks. 212.227.17.24, how can I see who it is?

I’ve forward this issue to administrators. We will let you know if 000webhost keeps logs of bounced emails.

Can you help me understanding and whitelisting it?

I have forwarded this issue to the administrators.

1 Like

Hello @NGiNX , so?

My mail seems lije it doesn’t work anymore. Did you change anything?

I set up a twice-a-day mail notification from a test website, and I’ve haven’t received anything in four days!
I also tried mailing myself from different accounts and I’m not receiving anything.

Help! Is there a log of the bounced mails at least, so to see who tried to contact me?

No log on free accounts just premium.

If you are having issues with the free hosting email I’d recommend finding alternative provider and using the SET MX option within 000webhost like Google / Zoho.

My mail seems lije it doesn’t work anymore. Did you change anything?

I didn’t change anything.

Better use an alternative provider, as @Infinity suggested :wink:

Thanks,
I wasn’t moving accusations, just curious because you said you’d get back to me with answers.

Thank you anyway, and thanks to @Infinity as well

We can’t whitelist blacklisted addresses/IPs.

Also, we don’t keep e-mail logs on free plans.

Sorry :sweat:

Thanks @Infinity,
where can I find the option to use

SET MX option within 000webhost
?

Thanks

Go to cPanel > Set web address > ja********ri.com > Manage > Set MX Record

Hi!
Recently I got a problem with sending emails. I use free account with 3 forwarders (all of them set up to Google emails). I’m able to receive emails, but I’m unable to send. “Sendmail” option is ON. Thank you!

Hi bodypulse!

There are some issues with 000webhost network which might lead to additional errors. Make sure you have not exceeded the daily e-mail quota (max 50 emails/day). If so, please try again later.

We are sorry for inconvenience :sweat:

Try now its should work fine now. :slight_smile: