Email Frowarder not working

Hello,

I have a site,
with this domain,
http://andihamolli.tk
and I wanted to add an email address,
like this: andi@andihamolli.tk
I told it to forward emails to myname@yahoo.com
When I try to send an email to that address with this: http://andihamolli.tk/mail
I don’t get anything forwarded.

Did i do anything wrong? And are there any restrictions regarding the number of emails sent in a day by a user of 000webhost?

Thanx in advance for your help. :slight_smile:

What do you mean when you say you send with the link? Do you have a script or for that is trying to send emails?

Yes, I have a script that sends the emails.

It works with the mail() function in PHP.

I have tested it many times. It should work. You can try it by sending an email to your own account. When I send an email using it, or from another address on Gmail or Yahoo to andi@andihamolli.tk I don’t get anything forwarded to my existing account on Yahoo.

2nd question: are there any restrictions regarding the number of emails sent in a day by a user of 000webhost?

I see. To answer your second question, you can send up to 50 emails per day using the send mail function. If you want more you can upgrade to premium.

As far as the forwarder goes, your domain is parked with nameservers, correct? Maybe check your spam folder because some email providers flag 000webhost due to users abusing the service.

Note: I cannot view your page at the moment because I am at school, and my school has not indexed your site.

phpmail script may be seen as spam from some providers but not all.

The best way to setup email forwarding is to use 000webhost.com > Manage Email Forwarders > create a new one xyz@yoursite.com to xyz@gmail.com etc.

Then send mail from another email account to xyz@yoursite.com to see if it reaches xyz@gmail.com
If it doesn’t then try another provider until it works.

I use the email forwarding fine with my GoogleMail account, PHP mail is hit and miss depending on provider which is why I encourage the use of SMTP scripts if possible.

1 Like

Oh, I can understand that bro.

I can see your PHP script works fine.

1 Like

Thank you for trying it. :smile:

I tried to send a message from my gmail account to andi@andihamolli.tk. And I got this email back:

Address not found
Your message wasn’t delivered to andi@andihamolli.tk because the address couldn’t be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again.
The response from the remote server was:
550 5.1.1 andi@andihamolli.tk: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table

I’ll recheck if the email address andi@andihamolli.tk has actually been set.

I just sent an email from GoogleMail to chocolate@loophost.xyz and it was forwarded successfully, very odd.

What does your 000webhost.com Forwarding Page look like?

Hello Infinity,

I actually realised I had written a wrong email address.
I had set it to be: info@andihamolli.tk not andi@andihamolli.tk. :sweat: Sorry for that.

I tried sending an email from my gmail account to this, and surprisingly it worked.

However, when I tried to send an email via http://andihamolli.tk/mail to the same address it didn’t.

What could be the cause?

1 Like

Hmm stuck a php script up to test it out on my 000webhost account, I get the email to me@gmail.com but I don’t get the email to me@mysite.com forwarded by 000webhost, it hasn’t arrived (yet)

If you want I can send you the code I wrote

Sure go for it :smiley:

I sent an email to my Yahoo address from your mail form, and it doesn’t receive. (normally, it should take less than 5 minutes)

If @Infinity hasn’t received the e-mail by now, I think it would be a good idea to post the code here, so we can debug it :wink:

1 Like

Aye Aye Captain,

Can I send it privately? Btw it is 22:02 right now in my place. And I still haven’t finished a school project for tomorrow.

$to = explode(";", $_GET["to"]);
    $subject = $_GET["subject"];
    $text = $_GET["text"];
    $headers = $_GET["headers"];

for($i = 0; $i < count($to); $i++){
		if( mail($to[$i], $subject, $text, $headers) ){
            // log "successful"
		} else {
	        // log "failed"
		}
	}

In the headers variable I just have somthing like "From:myname@smth.com"

The full code checks if all the $_GET variables are set and the entire script logs a json string which can be json_decode(…, true)-ed and used in another page to check whether the request has finished or failed.

@Infinity @sulliops @Captainjjjacksparrow

Hey, but don’t you think 50 emails per day is quite less.

Let’s say you hava 100 subscribers to a site

and you want to notify them about some product you recently offer? How are you supposed to do that?

Btw, I checked your site. I’m 3 years older than you but I’m inpressed that you’ve learned to code at such a young age and became a moderator.
I also learned coding myself, and I’m currently finishing my high school in Tirana, Albania which is part of a German Project. Planning to work for a large software company after I finish my studies.

Then premium would be ideal then, free hosting is not for large sites that get hundreds of visitors etc.

@ichhabsdrauf Instead of using yahoo mail id…have you tried gmail mail id??
Because i saw few threads with the same issue…the solution was to use gmail.
Not yahoo because yahoo may have blacklisted mail coming through 000webhost infrastructure…due to Abuse.

If you want more then you can upgrade to premium, where there are no limits.

I see. I’ll change that than.