Facebook alternative login: Error Site URL is not a valid URL

Hello all!

Im using phpbb and would like to activate facebook login on my site. However when I am trying to register my website on the facebook developers site an error message keeps showing up saying

Error
Site URL is not a valid URL.

I’ ve searched in google a lot but havent been able to solve the problem. They said write http:// before the link etc. but the problem is obviously not with that. On another site I’ve read it could be the fault of the server. If anyone knows a solution please reply.

Thanks in advance!!!

Are you using a free sub domain from 000webhost? only guessing but if you are I reckon you have to have your own domain.

Yes. But I dont want to pay for it yet. Isn’t there a solution to get it working on a free sub domain?:frowning:

You could use a free domain like dot tk for example.

dot tk domain name is the answer :slight_smile: I have use it in the past, Very easy to setup and you can set up redirects from their setup pages.

But doesn’t it just redirect to my site? I think if I write the dot tk adress in the facebook app it is not going to work that way. Am I mistaken?

Its not working Ive tried

What’s not working? What have you tried?

Create a new account here at 000webhost using a dot tk domain name, that way you’re not redirecting, you’re using the domain name, not a sub domain.

Now I got it Thanks!. I’m just too new to it sorry