File upload limit 2Mb - set by php.ini

not laughing to make fun or something, just like thelimpkid said, is really amazing that this thing works :stuck_out_tongue:

may i know where is .htaccess file? shall I create a new file with 2 line codes above, and save it to .htaccess ? where shall i save the file? inside my working direcotry? thanks to adviseā€¦

Hi,

the .htaccess file is inside your public_html directory.
At least should be there:rolleyes:

hi yeleyko,

Thanks for your feedback. But, the problem is I dont have .htaccess file inside my folder. Shall I create a new one? How? can you show me some example? thanks.

Yes just create a new one. with the lines shown in this thread.

I had created a file and named it to .htaccess

here below are lines inside the file

php_value post_max_size 5M
php_value upload_max_filesize 5M

however, it doesnā€™t work. May I know if I did something wrong? is there specific format for a .htaccess file? please advise.

alfredtiu
iā€™ve done the same .htaccess and everything worksā€¦

to create .htaccess file open a regular Notepad program and put the lines

then make Save As and put the name (with a dot first)
upload this file to where your siteā€™s files are (public_html folder if itā€™s there)

Do you use any CMS, html etc.?

and how about the uploads being disabled in php.ini ?

i have made that file and uploaded to public_html, but after i refreshed my webpage, this message appeared :

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, cpanel@hosting24.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

is anyone knows why this happens?

thats was a good discussion and have created usefull knowledge for meā€¦

i have some problem with my cms, i using joomla and i cant install new moduleā€¦ maybe there is a relationship with your discussion about php.ini or htaccess fileā€¦ can you explain to me about that?

I put this .htaccess in public_html folder, and start upload by urlā€¦

And I still get 2 MB file size limit. Iā€™m in server9.000webhost.com btw. What server are you in?

Haru

same problem here :S
can anyone help?

thanks

BR,
Nuno Silva

Hi friends i have also same problem 2mb is not enough file limit for me someone plz tell me how to increase file limit ?? i am using Rapidleech on this site but my files r not uploading reach 2mb and stoped i need 100mb or 200mb file limit. Plzzzzz Helpppp :mad:

Iā€™ve read lot of comments here saying that u can change file limit from 2mb to 5mb by adding these lines

to .htaccess file and also we can add costom size whatever we want but how to do that ?? :mad:

well the syntax is correct and the upload to the folder is also correct.
the problem is dat the server is not reading this or .htpasswd files at all.
there is a configuration file in apache server called httpd.conf(atleast dats the name on my personal server at home) It has the following lines

AllowOverride None

if it is set to none as is the case above then there is nothing u or I can do except persuade the server administrator to change it to ā€˜Allā€™.

Even after changing dat the server needs to restart for da changes to take effect.

Im thinkin of trying 2 suggest to the admin abt dat. if all of us can suggest then weā€™ll have it our way.
i think for those of who the .htaccess worked had this lines set to All or they were paid customers.

im a free customer too but plan to shift to paid when things get going. but it seems to go nowhere if this problem persists.

yah yah, all that hurts my head. im going to tryā€¦

decompressing my 19 mb target file.
then recompressing it, but set my winrar to bust it into pcs less than 2 mb

can i put it back together on the other side???

ill try a 3 set upload first.

???
makes no sense. 2mb limit. but I am thankful

who needs dolphin community with itā€™s rich multi media fieatures neway

hello
here is ready .htacces file just upload it

Neither does my .htaccess seem to be workingā€¦ Poor adminstrationā€¦ Hellā€¦

Iā€™ve also done the .htaccess thing.
Iā€™d like my users to be able to upload a photograph of up to 4MB, but it does not work at all.
Any ideas?