Form 'submit' button not clicking

Hi. I’ve made a form which sends an email. I’ve managed to get it working to some extent but there is one strange problem.

The ‘submit’ button is just not clicking. No reaction at all. If I press the ‘enter’ key the form submits perfectly fine so there is nothing wrong with the form itself but the actual submit button is dead.

Any ideas?

can you post the code you are using for the submit button
it should be like this
<button type="submit" >Submit</button>

Thanks. I can’t access my code right now but I’ll try that when I get home to my computer

One thing to mention, if it’s any use. It works perfectly fine on my phone’s browser, but it’s on my computer (Chrome for Mac) that it’s not clicking

oh that’s kind of interesting did you try to clear your cookie and cache in your chrome browser.

I tried clearing my cache and it still didn’t work.

Here is the code I’m using. I’ll try using ‘button’ instead of ‘input’ later, but unfortunately it seems the file manager is down again.

<html>
<body>

<h2>Title for form</h2>

<form action="page.php" method="post">
  Please enter your forum name:<br>
  <input type="text" size="30" name="ForumName" value="Your 
Name"><br><br>

<input type="submit" value="Submit">
</form> 

</body>
</html>

in page.php

<?php $ForumName = $_POST["ForumName"]; ?>
<?php echo "Forum Name: $ForumName" ?>

Cheers :slight_smile:

in the method use capitalize post like this
<form action="page.php" method="POST">

Oh interesting. Thanks for the suggestion.

It’s weird that it works in mobile browsers and it works if I press ‘enter’ but just clicking the button in a desktop browser doesn’t allow it.

I’ll make the change when I get home tonight and let you know if it worked. :slight_smile:

ok great and good luck

I figured out what was happening. It was never a problem with my coding all along, but a “feature” of having the free hosting plan.

Because the submit button was at the very bottom of the page, it was on the same horizontal line as the “Powered by 000Webhost” label at the bottom-right. Even though that label is at the other side of the screen it was somehow blocking my submit button from being clicked by the mouse. There must be some transparent object that covers the whole bottom of the page

I just inserted a few < br > tags below my submit button and the problem is solved.

I’m surprised this isn’t a known issue. I can’t be the first person to have put something clickable at the bottom of the screen and wondered why it didn’t work…

1 Like

lol i personally never had the problem :rofl: