FTP uploads very slow with many fails

In the last week or so I’ve noticed FTP uploads are very very slow whereas they used to be quite fast. About half of the transfers also fail having to be re-added to the queue. They do eventually all upload. Is this a known problem or has anyone else experienced it ? Thanks !

I experience it I just assumed it was the pleasure of using free hosting, I’ve also got premium which of course doesn’t suffer from this as I’m probably on a managed server with a small amount of users whereas my free account will be on a slightly managed server with tons of other free users including abusive ones?

Thanks for the reply Infinity. Maybe it will clear up but I fear it was a change that was intentional because FTP uploading was always very quick & now it’s always very slow with many rejected attempts. Thanks again for the reply.

This morning more than half of the individual file uploads are failing…

Yep someone else messaged me and I uploaded about 30 files, 20 had to retry about 20 times and the queue size was about 5mb max.

Hey again Infinity … Do you remember how long it took ? I’d guess over an hour …

1 Like

And if you check the files, some get corrupted due to resume broken upload function being enabled in the FTP client.

1 Like

That’s what I’ve been afraid of Ocuric… Then one has to upload a 2nd time to help ensure the final files on the server are good even though that’s no guarantee…

1 Like

Right now, I literally can not upload my site because of it. I guess I’ll just try other solutions.

1 Like

I hear ya Frontrider … I have been uploading for at least 4 to 6 hours now. I have 154 successes & 212 failures. These are small files. I just set up my Filezilla & let it rip. It will take days but will eventually get there with me checking on it now & then adding the failed uploads back to the queue … Maybe they’ll fix it someday if it’s something broken … Probably the plugwires …

http://www.premierdesignsonline.com/2015/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/SuperFlash-Mascot.jpg

Do you guys find it easier to zip all your files into a zip then upload using FileZilla/FTP client or even File Manager then extract it?

Infinity … I’ve never tried that. Been years since I zipped a file to be honest. The problem I’d find is unzipping it once I get it on the server. But if possible that could be a solution.

So have you guys experienced this stuff for long ? I signed up at the end of November 2016 & things were really fast with no errors until just a couple of weeks back. Are most people on the free service seeing this or just some ?

If you get your zip file on the server you can unzip with unzipper.php
This can be found at https://github.com/ndeet/unzipper and is able to unzip a whole wordpress install instantly.
I used it for my site some days ago. This way I was able to upload my whole wordpress install and all the old php site together. And is working flawless (till now and I still keep my fingers crossed).

Thanks Ocuric… I’ll have to give that a try…

To update… This morning uploads are back to speedy mode. Have to get everything uploaded while it lasts…