Gmail mx record

I have set my MX records to aspmx.l.google.com (yes lowercase like suggested here) but google still says the mx record is not configured properly.
And yes I waited 48 hours, what could be the problem?

perhaps if you let us know your domain we can check…

There has to be a dot following up: aspmx.l.google.com. not: aspmx.l.google.com

yeah post your domain, there’s no way to help if you only say that it doesn’t work :stuck_out_tongue:

Also their is a wait time of up too 48 hours just like nameservers.

“and yes I waited 48 hours like it said in the opening post”.
But my domain is http://eckteeckte.net46.net / www.websitenow.nl

It still says my mx configuration is not correct, anyone?

Did you try what I said? use: aspmx.l.google.com. and also try uppercase with the trailing dot.

upper or lowercase does not matter.

However, I don’t see Gmail’s MX:

[ryuji@artemis] ~ $ host websitenow.nl
websitenow.nl has address 64.191.5.117
websitenow.nl mail is handled by 0 websitenow.nl.
[ryuji@artemis] ~ $ host eckteeckte.net46.net
eckteeckte.net46.net has address 64.191.5.117

Yeah well I can post a screenie of the cpanel but I did set it.
MX entry for this domain is currently set to ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
I don’t understand the 0. And I don’t have to change anything in the settings of my domain panel right? Because I use the 000webhost DNS.

That zero is the priority, the lower the priority means that the hostname gets tried first, climbs up to higher priorities if the lower one fails until it exhausts possible tries or gets a successful delivery from one of the listed servers.

As a side note, that’s why I keep my DNS service, my domain service and my hosting apart. Sure, could get to be a hassle but I don’t have to be changing the DNS servers every time my host changes or they change their DNS servers.

Also, please post that screenshot.

Weird, you should contact support… that subdomain doesn’t have a MX record at all on the DNS.

As you can see from the screenshot of the control panel, the mx record that you just pointed to aspmx.l.google.com is eckteeckte.net46.net and definitely not mx record for www.websitenow.nl domain. You probably parked your www.websitenow.nl domain to your net46.net account.

In order for your domain to have google’s mx record, it should say Set MX record for “www.websitenow.nl” (see where it is in screenshot). One way for that to appear is to create a new account, and use www.websitenow.nl (not the subdomains of 000webhost)… then go change the MX records.

The reason for this is because our control panel here at 000webhost do not allow us to edit MX Zone records unlike other hostings you can see in google apps’ help page where you can set MX priorities (I have done this in my previous webhost)… but that is not a concern because entering aspmx.l.google.com (google apps’ highest priority MX record) in our control panel will work just fine.

You don’t need to wait 48 hours for the MX records to update, as long as the domain has already propagated and pointed to where it is hosted.

So that means I have to transfer all the files to that new account and use my domain? Thanks for now. :frowning:

You don’t have to transfer all files right now. Just create the new account with the domain and set the mx record. While that domain is still parked in your old account, it will still point to that account with your files on it and at the same time you can get email through google apps.

I did the same thing while trying out 000webhost (parked my domain) so I could park it back to the old webhost if it’s not any good. But its better if the account with your domain has the files in it because it might get deleted for having no visitors I guess.

If only we are able to have total edit control of the MX domain settings then we won’t have to go through all this trouble with domain parking (my old webhost can do this so I have no problem with MX records on a parked domain and can move the domain to any host I wish and still be able to return to the old webhost if something goes wrong in the other hosting).

Thanks, but when I make the account for websitenow.nl it says:
Your domain is not yet pointing our server. What should I do about that?

What that means actually is that the domain is not pointing to the same ip address of the host. This is because it is parked on the net46.net (your old domain) and its ip is pointing in that server which might be a different server on the newly created domain (because it thinks it is still hosted on another host). It’s just confused, but the website is still hosted.

Try emailing your domain and see if google apps gets it.

The better way is to transfer your files to your domain account and delete the old one (after 48 hours or when the domain now points to the new account). But it would mean waiting and your site might not be accessable before it is pointing to the correct server.

My mental note in 000webhost is not to park my domain if I plan using it with google apps’ MX records.

Update:
Oh, and when I tried making the new domain and unparked it in the old one, the domain is remained parked (probably cached) in the old domain and couldn’t get it to resolve to the new one. What I did was parked and unparked it from the old account, point the domain dns records back to my old host, wait till it propagated (less than 48 hours for me) and deleted my new account (with the domain name on it), then created another new account (with my domain name as the domain) and pointed my domain’s dns records back here so that it will no longer get stuck (cached) in the old domain. I made a ticket about this but all I get was standard response from the FAQ page just copied and pasted. No one bothered to refresh the DNS cache in 000webhost.

Btw it works now, I still have my domain parked and all that. So I’m happy, thanks for all the help

1 Like