Help-trying to link leadpages with 000webhost and my own personal domain

Hello, I really need help.

I’ve got my domain parked in 000webhost, and I built my own website from leadpages. When I tried to upload my leadpage into the public_html folder, it loads, but then when I try to put my domain address in, I get the response that it won’t work because I don’t have an index.html file in my folder.

This is super frustrating because I created an index.html file, so I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong, or if I need to change something in the .htaccess file. Please help!!

Do you have your parked site linked to your 000webhost site?

On your “My Domains” tab, click manage on your domain and click “link website”.

Yep, I did link it and it’s still giving me the phrase, saying:

You see this page because your website doesn’t have “index.php” or “index.html” file in public_html folder.
Create index file
Below you can see your current files in public_html folder.

Please help!!

What is your domain name?

1 Like

www.transformationalworship.today

Ah, I see the issue.

Your site homepage is in the public_html folder, but it is not named properly. Your file is named “www.transformationalworship.today.index.html” which means that the page can only be accessed at http://www.transformationalworship.today/www.transformationalworship.today.index.html.

You need to access your File Manager and rename the file to “index.html” for the site to work as you want it to. The current name will cause the page you are seeing.

Thank you!
How do I do that?
Do you mean name the file only index.html with no other words?

EDIT: I see that you have already done this, good work!

Yes, exactly. Go to your site’s control panel and click on “Upload Files”.

Then, click on “Upload Files Now”.

Now, open the public_html folder and you will find your current file.

Now, just right click on the file and click rename, and rename it to “index.html”.

Okay I think I got it to work. Yay!! Thank you. Now is there are way for me to remove the clouded over “Powered by 000webhost” thing?

Or at least make it smaller?

Yes, follow these instructions.

First, click on Settings in your control panel. Then click General.

Next, scroll down to “Show banner” and click the switch to off.

Thank you so much!! You’ve been a huge help!! :slight_smile:

Anytime! Glad to help, I’m glad your issues were resolved.

2 Likes