How to make website go live?!

Ive already designed my website at least for now its just a coming soon page but how do I go ahead and register the domain & make it go live for search engines and what not?

Please let me know.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

To register your domain name you will have to visit some domain registrar like GoDaddy or Namecheap and actually register it. Once registered you need to sign up for a free account with us using your domain name (if not done already) and change the name server entries for your domain to our name servers (ns01.000webhost.com and ns02.000webhost.com) which is done at your domain registrar… DNS propagation will take a while (24-48 hours) and when propagated you will see our default page.

From there on it is uploading your website files to the public_html directory of your 000webhost.com account which will result in your website being displayed instead of our default.php file. To add your site to search engines you have to submit it to them. For exampe Google -> https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url

Ok thank you for your help much apperciated :wink:

I have one question though once I am done. How does uploading the files to public_html so that way I can make my domain official?

You can upload your files using the file manager in members area/cpanel or by using an ftp client such as filezilla. A tutorial on how to use filezilla is here - http://www.000webhost.com/forum/faq/19132-tutorial-how-ftp-000webhost-servers.html

Hi.i have same problem,i mean i already designed my own website but i’m amataur and i’m doing something wrong (when i had try to puting my file on FTP server,my internet connection goes slow and i put some HTML file on ftp server!..from that moment i CAN’T LOGIN on FTP server… and server show an error for that,PLEASE HELP ME about it,how can i FIX this problem?.. with special THANKS

What is the ftp error?

thanks & please sorry me,i have a pic from that page,the error says : " are you sure this is the address of FTP server?this is different from that of the HTTP (web) server.please contact your ISP helpdesk or system administrator for help" … dear sir i know that was my own fault…THANKS for your reply

this is the error picture

What details are you using?

Check/change your password in members area, CPanel

thanks i reset my password and this is another error
when i reset my pass earlier it show that arror,but NOW i reach my CP…my file is redy now…can you please tell me step by step what i must doing now? & how to login on FTP server? (thanks for your time)

thanks i reset my password and this is another error
when i reset my pass earlier it show that arror,but NOW i reach my CP…my file is redy now…can you please tell me step by step what i must doing now? & how to login on FTP server? (thanks for your time)

Not sure, seems to be a few people having problems with the file manager. You’re better off using an ftp client like filezilla.

http://www.000webhost.com/forum/faq/19132-tutorial-how-ftp-000webhost-servers.html

but my files are ready on my control panel,i just don’t know after i set up my files on CP from this point, what i must to do then? and yes i already DL that filezilla… ok,THANKS man

You have uploaded them? There’s nothing more to do.
What’s your address?

no,not complete upload,i uploaded just on my cp… from this point what i must to do? when my website design software (who i made my site with it) going to publish the site,the SERVER’s not permission for loging…

this is loging error from my designing software when going to publishing

What’s your address?

Is this it? arash.farvardin.com? You have to own the domain (buy it) you can’t just make one up.

ah,ok,THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENT…

Choose the free option in members area - Manage another domain: Create new at the top.

yes sir…THANKS again…i already have second ID arash-farvardin.com … but even with filezilla that id have same problem with loging too! … i am iranian and here we FORCELY use proxy,and when we didn’t use proxy THE PAGE GOING BLOCK in 30 sec!..filezilla passed all process BUT NOT LOGIN (both accounts)…THANK YOU…