I changed my url and now my website isn't working

Hi,

I changed my url to a wordpress site and now the content of my page literally went dark:

I changed it to grandpa-lifestories.wordpress.com

Is there a way to get it back ?

Thanks in forward!

Hi @Grandpa-lifestories
Is this is your website

That is a new one I made, but with layout from wordpress. What happened is that after I changed the url from the original site into a wordpress one, wordpress said it is not possible to have a “-” in the name. But than I got a warning that the website can’t be accessed because “my connection is not safe” and the only option I have is to “go back to a safer site”. So I can’t change it and now I have a notworking site. Besides that I changed the url in a site that I haven’t created yet, I don’t know if that a problem either.

I manages to go back to the wordpress control panel but the option to change the url is not there anymore at “settings”’. I want to put it back to the old one “grandpa-lifestories.000webhostapp.com” and hopefully restore the old website with it’s files. I have a back up.

Btw, the old site still exist, but the content seemed to be disappeared. Am I right that when I upload the back up at my control panel here it is the old one again? And will this site also display at my wordpress control panel ?

Hi @Grandpa-lifestories!

Your website URL must be a valid one.

Hopefully I have fixed the issue by reverting it back to https://grandpa-lifestories.000webhostapp.com

If you want to change your website address, you’ll need to register a domain first and then link it to your website.

1 Like

Yes, it works ! Thank you very much :smiley: about the domain name, yes, I figured that out now :slight_smile:

You’re more than welcome :blush: