Inactive site deleted

Hi Sir,

I have been using 000webhost services from almost one year , here are the account details
Username: a2120040
Domain: fryble.com
Database: a2120040_fryble
MySQL User: a2120040_akash
MySQL Query: select distinct deviceid,
The website is down when i just checked it and its showing following error (fryble.com)
http://error404.000webhost.com/?

Its very important website and since its down i am facing a severe Loss. When i logged in to my account it was totally empty no database and no SQL . I request you to help me in resolving it at the earliest.

Urgent help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
C.K Pathak

+919990710799

@fryble_services What happens when you login to 000webhost??
What is the status??

No data is being shown when i log in.It seems like i am logging in to new account.My Server Database and SQL everything gone.My Android app database was also there i don’t understand what happened.Please Help

Login via the link below and post the screen shot of what you get.

1 Like

Please check there is no DATA here

Hit the plus icon type fryable choose a password, hit set web address, park your domain fryble.com and then link it to fryable.000webhostapp for example, upload your data and databases.

Inactive accounts have been deleted if you have an inactive account it would have been deleted.

Log out of 000webhost.com login using the exact link provided above and screenshot what it says.

Sir it was active.Where will i find my lost DATA. Please its very urgent. Website was live and product was being used by customers and from last 2 days i have been facing a serious issue because of this.I did not even received any mail regarding its deactivation before it went down.

I request you to kindly solve this on priority i am suffering a huge lose due to this since our android app server was being operated from same account and app is down now.

We remove sites that are not accessed through the control panel to converse server space. If you are going to depend on the service for your app, you will need to upgrade to premium. Maybe their customer success team can recover the data for you and move it to premium.

It seems deleted to me.

There are no backups of data unless you took them locally to your PC.

Can you use the link and provide a screenshot please.

No issues i can upgrade to premium but i need serious assistance to recover it back.

Log out of 000webhost.com

And login using this link here: https://www.000webhost.com/cpanel-login?to=old

pls check

what to do now since its showing that it has been moved.

As listed the reasons are there.

Your options are start again fresh or upgrade to premium.

That is something that will take a hell lot of time and everything will be changed.Its a startup and we are operational so it is our prime concern to resume it asap. Please help me out in recovering.

Like I said, when you upgrade the premium support team may be able to recover the data.

please share the plans.and from where i have to do that.

Click sign up and choose from one of the plans, the best that suits your needs

If you will help me connecting with someone who can help in recovery that will be highly appreciated.