Infiledge - Educational Website

Hi! My name is James, in this thread, I would like to introduce to you Infiledge! the website where people from all around the world able to pull in their teaching resources and place it in Infiledge. http://www.infiledge.site88.net

Users can use this platform to access to teaching material be it on youtube or even on the trainers/teacher’s website!

Join us now!

Give comment or suggestion on how should this website improve as well!

There are certain features that are not ready yet like bookmark.

Thank You

Hi guys need some review about this website, basically is a sharing of online teaching materials be it youtube videos or websites that you have found useful on the internet (for learning).

Thank You

[15 minutes later]

Oh yea, if you have your own teaching videos or website, come and post it on Infiledge, especially if you just started it! We can help to boost each other views together!

Thank You Enjoy!

Wow, this looks fantastic.

How many people do you have working on this?

It seems like a pretty great platform as it is right now, maybe only a couple rough spots around the edges.

Where an who are you targeting this towards, and when do you think you’ll take it more mainstream.

I agree. Did you use a theme for this? Is it free? By the way, it would be nice to add some social buttons here too.

Thanks! Currently, I am the only one who is working on this website - from scratch. And I will be improving infiledge to make it better in terms of looks and functionality for the users.

I am hoping to target people who are interested in learning on the internet as well as users who are keen in starting business in education areas

I will be shifting my website next week to cater to more users

Really thanks for your feedback!

I use bootstrap for my website since my designing still needs improvement. and bootstrap is free, you can search bootstrap and download the source file.

Yea will be adding in social button for login soon. I ahve implemented some social button for facebook like and share as well as google+ as well.

Really thanks for your comment

Hi guys, Infiledge has changed URL from infiledge.site88.net to infiledge.com Feel free to comment and note the facebook login is still under construction. sorry for the inconvenience

Ok I don’t know if this is of interest to you but I did some work on an E-encyclopedia aimed mainly at schools that can not afford to go online and to Wikipedia like we do.

I can not at present think of a better E-encyclopedia at present than the Wikipedia selection for schools download ( http://schools-wikipedia.org ).Its based on the U.K National Curriculum and can be used by school children around the world. Has 6000 articles, 26 million words and 50,000 images.
One problem I saw with it was that with limited attention spans, some children may have a less positive view of it if they can not find what they want.

Therefore with the simple combination of XAMPP and populating a database within it of records and a PHP script , I made a searchable version of it. See
the blurry video at : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkCjzlVQ6_g

if you want to put that one go ahead

Hi! this website is good! I will certainly use the content of your website on Infiledge. at the same time, you could also post some interesting topic to infiledge as well to infiledge by registering an account for free!

Brute-force attack This is the article that I have uploaded to infiledge from your website! do check it out!

hi guys! I am currently testing out the facebook login, so if anyone here could help me to see whether the login for facebook works in infiledge. Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

yes it seems to work , but I stopped at the stage where it says Infiledge will receive the following info: your public profile and friend list. Personally I am not sure I like the idea of any site getting access to my friends list since this implies that friends could be contacted by a third party " Infiledge " and my friends have not given their consent for me to do this.
One thing that would be interesting is the code to use facebook and the like for user login. i’m using codeigniter for my site and there is “tankauth” but not sure if this includes facebook login facility.

Also perhaps you could go into more detail about the" Infiledge will receive the following info: your public profile and friend list." what are the implications and what would Infiledge do with the info ?

Hi, Thank You for helping me out with testing the facebook login button. I believe that every facebook login will require to access to your facebook public information and friend list. Public information like your first name and last name or anything that you make it public in your facebook setting.

In this case I will be only getting your information like your name, the country that you stay at and your email address. just like how the registration forms work. Infiledge will not use your information for any revenues or whatsoever, it is just to keep track the users especially email address as infiledge next step will be implementing notification on several functions like 1) approval of the material that you have shared, 2) the materials that you have bookmarked and lastly, who reply to your needs (base on the thoughts section).

Hope this clear your doubts. Rest assure that your friend list will not be touched :slight_smile: after all infiledge is a free online education sharing website, people who are interested can just join in their own free will, forcing them to join is not a optimal options for Infiledge either :slight_smile: Enjoy your day!

I’d be careful with this info. But the worst thing that coul only happen would be telemarketers calling you or may some mass email.

cheers James I guess the answer ten is for me to go to facebook and adjust my settings then as to what is public and what isn’t .

I haven’t added a user login to my site as at the moment since there is no current need but may be in the future: how about sharing with us approaches using PHP to authenticate users. I did once have a look at this using my own code which went along the lines of a registration form to get user input of email and username. The script used $theKey = md5(uniqid(rand(),true)); at the time of registration ,with $theKey, email and username being put into a MySQl database.

An email was sent to the registering person with something like mywebsite/activate.php?value=$theKey

basically when the user put that url into their browser, the PHP page would query table columns for email,username,and $theKey if it found them it would putb something like “activated” into one of the table columns. After that it was just a case of checking MySQl table columns for “activated”, “username” and “emailaddress” . How have you gone about it?

Not sure if this part of the thread should be moved to somewhere other than site showcase. I guess that depends if this part of the thread is responded to!

I agree! but not to worry, as this website is free and the only revenue that I will be getting is through ads so not to worry about receiving junk email or even telemarketers. So if you still feel not secure about it, no worry, we have manual registration which also requires to use your email account like any websites.

of course, you are not really required to register an account before reading up the learning materials on infiledge :slight_smile: however, if only you wish to share the material, then registration is required or you can contact me at infiledge_admin@infiledge.com to send me your links or websites that you wish to share :slight_smile:

thank You

Sorry that I missed your post. During the process of creating infiledge, I really do learn a lot especially dealing with facebook api (Login function).

For normal forms - where users key in their information through infiledge, I do encryption for password for security reasons (I believe most website uses encryption for passwords) However, I did implement the functionality of sending emails to users after they registered with Infiledge yet since I do not have a proper SMTP server for this function yet. Although you can use gmail or hotmail as your email but I decide to delay it a bit as I feel that this function is not as critical as it seems because currently infiledge has very few users in it.

I believe that it is not secure to put user information in the url parameter, thus try not to do that because hacking might occur if someone else could execute sql injection to your database and corrupt it or steal information from your database.

For login, I will do comparison of password and the username, that’s all for my registration. I do not have status for the user account as all user who registered with infiledge as automatically set as activated.

If you are interested in exploring facebook login, do drop me a msg. it will be fun doing it :slight_smile:

Hi guys! I have just update my website interface! Feel free to take a look and I really need comments! Thanks!

site looks decent, although the design could be improved in one way or another. maybe you could use higher quality images, and actually put some photos in the slider?