Install phpmailer on free account

Dear all,

First thanks for the great job at 000webhost that allow the rest of us to host our won websites for free.

I am quite a newbie in html/php coding but i still believe I can do my website all alone… well, i need some help though.
I would like to have a contact_us form on my website that allows visitors to attach multiple files (max 4). I coded so far some lines using the php mail function with limited success (could only send emails attaching files that were already on my account).

From here I think i could either 1) look for some php code to upload the visitors’ attachment to some specific folder on my account or 2) use phpmailer that seems to make it easy for people like me to do what they want to do.

I think 2) is a cleaner solution. Therefore, could tell me how to install phpmailer on my account (free account i repeat) and how to use a specific folder to upload the attachments to?

thanks for your help!
hart

1 Like

Check

3 Likes

thanks for the link!

however it does not plainly explain how to install it on my webhost account and how to link it to my code (like the “use” and “require” parts). Again, i apologize as i am really a newbie to this…

1 Like

No Problem! Sorry that didn’t help you. I’d try looking at the post below, as it includes some of the core PHP code that you’ll need to include on your website. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great article and tutorial Ckhawand. Thanks

1 Like

Thanks all.
I ended up coding it in php with the mail function.
Could easily find the code to 1) upload files to a server and 2) send email with attachments. I only had to manage to combine these two codes… which still took me some time hehe

thanks again for your help and the links!

1 Like