Joomla 1.5.3: just give up!

If you are trying to install Joomla 1.5.3 on your 000webhost website: please, do not waste your time.

000webhost does not support the required technologies to adequately install the CMS. And you’ll also have problems with WordPress, Drupal and any other script that you install.

When you install WordPress 2.5.1, you get problems with the comment system. In Drupal, if you want to put images in your posts, just forget: it won’t be possible.

Joomla? haha… not at 000webhost. Their FTP does not allow you to connect via Joomla, so you won’t be able to post your images correctly. You won’t even be able to edit the configuration.php file, that is required for your CMS to work properly.

Joomla requires one functional FTP account when installed on a Linux server. Well, 000webhost’s FTP is not accessible by Joomla, so: give up!

If you’re skeptical, go ahead and try. Maybe some of their old-version applications work. Maybe. But if you want to use a decent new version, man, it just sucks…

I just wanna know when do they intend to solve these terrible problems, because THEY KNOW about them. :mad:

It does work, all you have to do is rename the configuration.php file from configuration.php-dist to configuration.php, and then chmod it to 777.

What makes you think I didn’t try that yet? lol
I’ve tried EVERYTHING, and absolutely NOTHING worked. I installed Joomla at another host yesterday and it worked perfectly.

PS: I am [COLOR=“Red”]not[/COLOR] going to rate you :smiley:

hey please,

i think that you need to learn a little more

http://dpaladin.890m.com/joomla/

:wink:

All of my sites are Joomla. No problems here changing the config file.

I’ve had no problems with joomla and I can post images just fine on it.

it works, but there is people… ¬¬

I use joomla 1.5.3 and try to install components, templates, mods in “extensions”->“install/uninstall”, alwayse i receive warning message: "Warning! Failed to move file."
It because of a configuration php.ini of a server ? Where it is possible to read log?

I have the same problem cant install anything. Is there any solution ?

the problem lies either with the openbasedir restriction or the directory Joomla tries to move the addons to is not writeable and needs to be CHMODed to 0777

Joomla! 1.5.4 working fine without any problems on 000webhost, same for Wordpress 2.5.1 and 2.6 which i was running. There weren´t any problems with the comment system whatsoever.

Just just need to know how to install scripts in a proper way and know your way around some common error messages.

One thing that made me really laugh is your note about adding pictures and not being able to change the configuration.php-dist for Joomla. But that clearly shows to me that you are little to not experienced at all with it.

And now go rant, i can take it ´cause i know it works :slight_smile:

I use Joomla 1.5.3 and get the same problem before, chmod to 777 your cache directory, it should be work fine.
(I think I got this solution from joomla forum)

I use Joomla 1.5.3 also, and got the same problem with you previously.
You cache directory permission should be set to 0777, then you will be able to install the extensions
I think I got this solution at Joomla forum.

I have just installed Joomla! 1.5.5 and its works just fine. The web browser install didn’t work so I had to do it manually. I am a complete CMS novice but I was able to do it by following the joomla.org installation guide. Didn’t install the sample data, uploaded a couple of pictures and my own favicon.

Perhaps with a little more patience and persistence the original poster would have been able to succeed.

dalp.net63.net - only just started so there isn’t much on there!

I’m always getting Warning! Failed to move file. Please tell what are all the folders that should be chmodded to 777. Thanks

Nukage,
Following are some dir that I chmod to 777 to make joomla able to install template, modul and component, and upload images :
\Admin
\cache
\components
\images
\media
\modules
emplates
emp

anyone have try newest joomla?

If you mean, 1.5.4 it worked fine for me.

Latest version is 1.5.5 which works fine too.
You just have to know your way around ^^

Oh, 1.5.5 is out now, I didnt know, I dont really keep up with joomla, I use WP and SMF.