<meta charset="utf-8" /> no funciona de repente (not working all of a sudden)

Hola,

Tenía mi página funcionando perfectamente hasta ayer, y de repente, los caracteres no se leen correctamente.

En mi código tengo html lang=“es” y meta charset=“utf-8” /, y hasta ahora ha funcionado correctamente. De hecho en mi ordenador, desde Brackets, aún lo veo todo perfecto. Pero en los archivos que tengo cargados en mi hosting gratuito, no se ven correctamente.

¿Sabéis qué puede estar pasando? ¿Ha cambiado algo?

Gracias!

What is your domain name??

Can you try again after clearing your browser cache and data!!!

Reupload your files to see if they change again?

Hi, thanks, but I’ve tried reuploading several times and hasn’t worked.

I cleared browser data. Still not working… The domain is fromlemonstogingerini.000webhostapp.com
Thanks

@ACVG I don’t see any issues on your website.

tell me if i missed anything??

I see other pages have issues…

can you downgrade your php version to 5.2 from settings – general – php version and then clear your browser cache and data, the try again

Yes, if I clic in Español, the Spanish part it’s a mess.

Follow the above method…see if that helps.

I’m realizing this solution works as long as I don’t use FontAwesome. When I add the stylesheet it messes things up. I add the same I have in the English version, which works fine…

Nope, sorry, not working.

ohh i see…have you tried some other font??

well, i need this one for the symbols, but I tried taking it off all together and the Spanish characters are still not working…

This sounds weird, try changing your PHP down to 5.2 via General Settings on 000webhost.com

I’ve tried all versions already… clearing data, I don’t know what’s wrong… I’m pretty sure I’m not doing anything differently, from a couple days ago, when it looked fine… Now, every time I open and close the file, a new weird A appears…

same problem here. i used dhivehi language on my site and after saving it works fine and when i open the page for editing later the fonts messed up…

Tengo el mismo problema, un desastre el idioma español, aparecen símbolos extraños en vez de los acentos y eñes. El mismo código html que antes funcionaba, ahora no funciona.
Si alguien tiene alguna solución, que la diga.

Please check out this thread.

Hi, sorry, but this is not working for me.

After changing the php version to 5.5, What I did was:

1. created a folder called convert under public html.
  2. uploaded the files previously downloaded and unzipped, and then uploaded my problematic files.
  3. viewed the GUI.html
  4. entered the character set I wanted ( I completed the process two times. The first one, I used UTF-8, the second time I tried ISO-8895-1)
  5. entered .html (I have four files, but only entered one .html)
  6. entered yes.
  7. it created a folder named ‘new content’ under the convert folder I previously created, with all the files in php. But they show the same wrong characters… than the html

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for looking into this and coming up with a solution, by the way. Now I just have to get this procedure right…

I don’t think it’s your fault. In fact, you’ve just discovered a bug which must be fixed :wink:

I have browsed your website. What exact characters are not shown correctly (from the original documents you want to convert)?