Migration Discussions

I did! I Re-built the site on the new panel, the Zyro part is only a landing page, the other part of the site is using my own code, but can’t do the login @akhilkumar332

This is the part that is really important for me and it’s the one that doesn’t work https://solucionessq.000webhostapp.com/App/login.php

@sergioqb101 make sure you cofigure the login page with database.

It’s all configured, I can access the database, I believe it have something to see with the $_SESSION, but everything was working fine before the migration.

If i take out the $_SESSION statement it works, but i need that statement

Seems like the server doesn’t allows me to start a session :C

Ok, Thank you Akhilkumar! The banner is no longer showing after I went into settings. Issue resolved.

I am however still having an issue with my websites pages. Yes… http://horrormoviesandstuff.com my websites landing page works fine. But I need a way to upload the rest of my websites pages in bulk. Right now? I would have to upload each page one by one, and that will/would take a long time. Is there a way that I can use the file manager to upload multiple html documents? Instead of just one at a time?

Hey @Nicky2017, I used FileZilla to upload all my files easily, it may work for you :wink:

1 Like

Have you visited 000webhost.com then hit general settings and chosen the PHP version which best matches the code you have used?

You could zip up the files in a .zip file on your PC, then upload this via FileZilla/FTP or File Manager on 000webhost.com, once uploaded right click and extract the files.

It’s all working again!! THANKS!!!:heart_eyes:

(I’m sure i tried changing the version before and nothing happened)

By the way, the new panel is awesome

2 Likes

000webhost will not migrate your site, if you do not migrate it will remain that way.

yes it is ok now (though I don’t know why), thanks a lot.

Thanks Sergio and others for your help! I had thought of using Filezilla but just needed to find the permissions (password, host) in my panel to where I could connect to my new file manager from Filezilla. I uploaded my folder and every file transfer went smoothly and successful. So our site is back online now in full, every page. Thanks everyone!

1 Like

Hi,
I woluld to do the my website migrating to new panel by tutorial but I have a small problem: I can see on the phpAdmin surface this:

What can be the problem? Thanks a lot for help.

If you don’t use database you don’t need to back it up :slight_smile:

Hi,

I migrated my website to the new panel following this tutorial today and so far, I manage to make my website work almost completely. I have a few issues:

I parked my personal domain on the new panel, and it seems to have linked just fine but I can’t access without “www” on the address, only works with it. I checked the namespaces for the domains and everything is set correctly. Try to access astrumgames.com and it goes to the migrate warning page still.

Also, I can’t run any php code on the website. I tried changing the php version in the settings, but nothing works. Check my contact form and you’ll see what I mean.

Overpassed the new panel but there was a problem, I had a free subdomain but I can not install it on the site, it gives an error
gotovisayt.net63.net subdomain is reserved and can not be registered
But this is my substitute help to restore

20 posts were merged into an existing topic: Migration Discussions

PLEASE READ THESE FEW LINES FIRST

Since the 1st of May you can NO LONGER USE UNZIPPER.PHP OR BACKUP.PHP to BACK UP YOUR SITE.
Please IGNORE these instructions you can only MANUALLY DOWNLOAD YOUR FILES (PUBLIC_HTML) using an FTP CLIENT like FileZilla.

Secondly, FOLLOW THE TUTORIAL

1. Login, backup files/database, use MOVE ACCOUNT DETAILS PAGE, delete old site, delete old profile - you will be logged out of the old panel - now log back in using the same email & password - your new panel will appear.
    Literally easy as that - you DO NOT NEED to make a new account, you DO NOT need to login to both panels at the same time nor can you.

Once you’ve got into the new panel using the same email and password you used before you need to hit “Set Web Address” and “Free subdomain” and use the same free subdomain you had before which is locked to your old email!
The same if you used a premium domain etc, add it and manage, link to your account.

Upload your files/import your database etc and your site will be back to normal.

If you experience any issues please post below or if you feel you have been missed out create a thread in the “Community Support” section - if you create it in 000webhost Services or any other section it may also be missed!

Feel free to suggest any changes or issues

Please report any tutorial issues via PM or posting below

So STEP ONE to migrating your OLD PANEL ACCOUNT into a NEW ONE.

Login here: https://www.000webhost.com/cpanel-login?to=old

We shall start with backing up any databases you have - you ONLY NEED to BACKUP databases providing you have any listed and use them.
YOU DO NOT need to make any databases if you do not currently use them.

If any appear here then click “Enter phpMyAdmin”

Now click your database name that will appear in my case “a6494435_test”

Now click “Export”

Make sure to click .SQL

Now click “Go”

It will download the database to your computer

Now do this process again for any more databases you have back on the control panel showing.

If you’ve never created a database you can ignore this step obviously.

Now we shall backup our website files like what appears when you visit yourwebsite.com

Still logged into the control panel open a file manager that works

You can use this if you want - PLEASE BE AWARE YOU MUST MAKE SURE YOUR FILES BACKUP CORRECTLY - once the script runs, download the .zip file to your computer, extract it, examine it and MAKE SURE ALL THE FILES ARE THERE.

This is your responsibilty to ensure you BACKUP ALL YOUR FILES to prevent data loss when you delete your OLD PANEL account to make the new one.

Upload this backup.php file to public_html from infinityloop.000webhostapp.com/unzipthenuploadme.zip

Now launch yoursite.com/backup.php

This page should load use the bottom option and hit “Backup 000website”

This will backup your whole public_html folder into a .zip file
If you want to old backup one folder from public_html type this into the box otherwise leave empty to backup the entire site/public_html folder

You should backup the site and get this message

Now back in the file manager download this .zip file to your computer

Make sure this ZIP file contains all of your site files - make sure this .zip file ends with “.zip” and not “.zip.ydushdy9” etc as that will be corrupt, so do not use this.

Instead launch FTP and take a full backup of your site by downloading the entire “PUBLIC_HTML” folder onto your computer, this may take up to half an hour depending how big your site is.

Please ensure you have multiple backups of your files and all the files download correctly :frowning:

Make sure the .zip file if you used that method worked correctly, extract the files and examine them! Ensure your site is correctly downloaded via backup.php or FTP and downloading all the files correctly.

So we now have our database and website downloaded onto our computer.

If you’d like to backup your emails look at this tutorial firstly: How to backup and import your emails & contacts to GoogleMail

So with our site files and databases it is time to migrate to the new control panel.

ENSURE ALL BACKED UP FILES ARE FULLY DOWNLOADED / NOT CORRUPTED AND OPEN AND EXTRACT FINE ON YOUR COMPUTER

THE NEXT STEP DELETES YOUR FILES SO YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE YOUR FILES ARE CORRECTLY BACKED UP AND YOU CAN VIEW / USE THEM BEFORE THE NEXT STEP.

5 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Migration tutorial > Backing up > Deleting old panel > Migrating to new panel

Hi. I don’t understand this part:

You can use this if you want - PLEASE BE AWARE YOU MUST MAKE SURE YOUR FILES BACKUP CORRECTLY - once the script runs, download the .zip file to your computer, extract it, examine it and MAKE SURE ALL THE FILES ARE THERE.

What .zip file we have to download?

The backup.php script else download all your files using FTP all pull the public_html folder to your PC.