Migration failed over and over

Hello Akhilkumar332,

please forgive my late reply as I was away.

No, sadly none of my issues were resloved. But thanks to kind help from Infinity via private message, I hope solution is near

This doesn’t make sense. From database, it connects to FTP.

Are you sure you can’t connect from to your website from File Manager? (the required credentials are your website name/password)

Hello NGiNX,

thank you for your response.

From web site portion of file manager, yes, certainly I can, but with exactly the same credentials, as shown to Infinity via PM, with each letter exactly the same, I can’t login to FTP via FileZilla, it just can’t connect to server.

Quote via FTP FileZilla :

Resolving address of files.000webhost.com
Status: Connection attempt failed with “EHOSTUNREACH - No route to host”.
Error: Could not connect to server

Also, for sake of test, I thought to try different account, one I don’t use as I love my 000webhost, but for testing purpose, I’ve opened account via Hostinger and I can login via FTP FileZilla in 30 seconds. But they use
Host: ftp.name of your website.domain.com
User: u2xxxxxxx808

this was very similar to previous 000webhost, but now you use
files.000webhost.com as Host?

Yes, files.000webhost.com is the FTP address.

1. Open FileZilla
  2. Sites manager > your_connection > General > Encryption > Use plain FTP
  3. Sites manager > your_connection > Transfer Settings > Transfer mode > Active

Try it now. Also, make sure FileZilla is allowed to access the internet. Make sure the Firewall doesn’t block it.

Hit edit on FileZilla and run networks configuration wizard.

Hello NGiNX,

set exactly as you said, I never had problems with FileZilla, I’m using many connections, none makes problem, but 000webhost, since migration. I’ve been using FileZilla before this migration for years, never had any problems.

I’m using m0n0wall, but it is set not to block anything related to this transfer.

As I said, I have no problems with other connection. Just when I was replying today, I was using FileZilla with Hostinger account I opened just for test. In less then 30 seconds, I’m in, no problem.

But if you insist for testing, please let me know, what exactly do you need here:

Please connect to FTP using this online service. Use the exact same credentials, with Plain FTP as protocol.

It will tell us if the problem is from 000webhost’s side.

1 Like

Hello NGiNX,

yes, it works without any problems:

Congratulations! Your server is working and assorted routers/firewalls have been correctly configured for plain basic FTP.

NGiNX, for your reference, in case it is indicative and if it can help, I have sent you entire FTP Log via Private Message.

I just realized what was the cause of my blocking:

My WS2003 is more then several months in uptime, and I completely forgot that this utility is even on my system. All done, all working.

Now the only thing remains (sent details via PM to NGiNX, and before to Infinity) is to get my original subdomains back. Because, when I tried, I receive that those subdomains are taken. But they are not, they are mine, used for years. Please help me get them back, and I’m back to returning my data and keeping sites intact.

Thanks for your patience and help, great support

Both subdomains have been moved from the old addresses to your current one.

Now you should be able to add them to your website :wink:

1 Like