Need help in connection to DB from Visual Studio

Hello everyone.
My name is Alex, Im newbie here and generally in SQL DBs too. I`m asking for help.

I have connection problem to server/my DBs.
I use Visual Studio 2017. I go to “Data Connections” -> “Add Connection” -> “Miscrosoft SQL Server/Data Provider for SQL server” (actually tried different already) -> …
In the field of “Server Name” I tried different variants, everything I found on the website and in settings (possibly missed something??).
Using SQL Server Authentication in the fields of user name and password I put mine.
As a result no DBs found and no connection established.

It says: “A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)”.

Tried different ways to establish connection for several hours and having no idea what to do at the moment. Request help!

Hi, I’m not sure exactly what issue you’re having with Visual Studio itself, but I can go ahead and tell you not to waste your time trying to figure it out. Remote MySQL is a premium feature and therefore is not enabled on 000webhost, so even if you figured out the proper address, the connection would be denied. That’s why on our platform we recommend using localhost for website scripts, because that’s the only reliable way to establish a connection.

If you want to access through remote MySQL, first consider upgrading to premium hosting. There you will find all the information you should need to connect with Visual Studio, and if not, Hostinger’s support team will be glad to help in any way they can.