Passwords, passwords, everywhere a password

Just how many passwords does one domain need (that’s probably the wrong terminology). I did something wrong today when I tried to update my password. It told me that my user password could not be the same as my website pw or my bd pw

Can someone tell me where each of those passwords gets set?

Thanks,

Where did you see this error?

Click your name top right then My Profile to change your 000webhost.com area login password

Else click “My Websites” choose a website to manage then settings, general to change FTP password for that site.

1 Like

Thank you infinity and wh_icnsoft for your answers which I think nailed it down. I just have one thing to check out. That is if the phpmyadmin (database) password is the same as the login? I think that is so but I’ll have to test it to be sure.

Hi @fordsfolley

Let me explain about phpmyadmin passwords

You have to create a MYSQL user when you create a database. So, you can access that database with that user. Also, when creating new database you enteres a password too by filling below form

When accessing phpmyadmni through cPanel or databases.000webhost.com you have to use your password whatever you gave here.

It’s super easy if you use a .txt file to save those passwords in your computer :wink:

Thank you for your response Supun.

I am well versed in database user and password. My problem is that 000webhost does not identify well what passwords we need. I got an error message a while back that said that I needed a user, website, and database password. I was of the impression that the manager step controlled the login and database password. The user password was the database password. The website password was handled in settings general which also handled the ftp password.

How about what can be in a password and do they need to be diferent.

What do you think?

Website name stinky-test-website

Application URL: stinky-test-website.000webhostapp.com

FTP username : same as website name: stinky-test-website

FTP password/ website password the same : xxxxxxxx