Php mail() problem

I am new to 000webhost, but somehow I can’t get php mail() not working. The script I use works on other sites, so I think it has something to do with the from parameter. I use mlnspinner.000webhostapp.com but still not working. Do I need to upgrade to PRO? I know there is a limit of 50 mails a day. What is the limit in PRO? I can’t find it in the specs.

Php mail is working with free accounts too brother :slight_smile:

Hi @guusweb!

Do I need to upgrade to PRO?

Before doing so, please check the following ones:

1. Make sure you have not exceeded the daily mail quota (max 50 emails per day)
  2. Make sure your website can send e-mails (cPanel > Settings > Sendmail > On)
  3. Make sure you provide valid headers withing your e-mail, to prevent ‘as spam’ treatment. Please check this page on BitDegree for more information.

What is the limit in PRO?

As far as I know, there are no limits for paid plans :wink:

Thx, I have not exceeded the quota of 50, I have send e-mail on in cpanel and the header works on other sites. Anybody any other suggestions?

Please lower your PHP version and try again: 000webhost cPanel > Settings > General > Change PHP version > 5.6

Thnx. I tried version 7 as default. Didn’t work. I also tried version 5.2 5.3 and 5.6, but nothing works. On other fora I read about the server who could make a diverence and I am mailing to Gmail accounts. I read about problems but they are all old messages. Could the “new” cpanel have anything to do with it. I’m only signed in yesterday.

Could the “new” cpanel have anything to do with it. I’m only signed in yesterday.

No. The new cPanel allows you to send e-mails.

Probably the mailing service has been temporarily closed for maintenance on the current network node. Please try again later.

The w3c sample like;

<?php mail("someone@example.com","My subject","First line of text\nSecond line of text"); ?>

doesn’t work either (off course with my valid email address in it :wink:

I can’t find usefull logfiles. Does anybody know if they are available in PRO ? I’m happy to pay but only if it will work.

doesn’t work either

There are some issues with 000webhost network nodes right now, this is why you are not able to send e-mails. (you are not the only one)

On paid plan you can send as many e-mails as you want. :wink:

Thanks NGiNX. Can I change network node myself or is it just a matter of waiting some days?

Unfortunately, you can’t change the node. I am afraid your only choice is to wait for a while…

We don’t estimate how long it will take for these issues to be fixed. We are sorry for inconvenience :sweat:

This is slowing me down. If I create a new login do I get a other node? Are there nodes without this problem?

I have re-forwarded this issue to administrators.

If I create a new login do I get a other node? Are there nodes without this problem?

Honestly, I don’t know. Your only choice at this moment is either to wait, either to buy a paid plan.

I have just got a reply from admin. Mail functionality is already turned on.

Either you have exceeded the daily quota, or there is a problem in your mailing code.

Thanks again, but something must be wrong. I use the plain w3c test program I listed before. Stat shows that I have used 84% (42 mails past 24 hours), but they don’t arrive and are also not shown in the mail count stat over the pas 24 hours at the bottom of the stats. Can you please ask them to look into it again or sent me a log about the sent mail?

Log is not supported on free plan.

I have re-forwarded the issue. Please be patient.

Hi again, I can see they fixed the statistics but now I have 1260% email sent. That can’t be right. I’m only testing my site myself and I don’t think anybody else can abuse it. Looks like I have statistics from other sites aswell?

Do you know if it is possible to reset the statistics? I read something about connecting to Facebook will do that, but maybee there is another way. My stats are still wrong (better than yesterday but still wrong) and prob preventing my email. I’m already three days busy to get the mail working. Would be nice if it is working finaly.

The statistics update every five minutes, so they’re accurate. Have you checked your spam folder to make sure nothing is being collected there?

My stats are for some reason not up-to-date. They are this day at 1260% which is impossible. Also not changing after 10:00 this morning. After 16:00 yesterday no more e-mails added to stat but number stays at 630 mails. Nothing in my Spam or anywhere else. Nothing in my logs about these mails.