Preview appears differently?

Dear everyone,

I’m making a website for school and, thus, I though this is the best website to do so. As I make my website and I want to check how it looks it appears differently. E.g. I chose the background to be locked (it follows you), however, as I look at it in preview it does not and it looks totally different. Which of the two is the best representation of how your website will looks like for other visitors. Another question, which is probably answered, can I change my website when it is published.

sincerely,
Thompsonius

Hi @Thompsonius!

Currently you have no files uploaded in your website.

All website content must be uploaded to /public_html in order to be shown to the browser :wink:

Yeah I know, but I ment you can preview your website before uploading, However, the appearance is totally different. see the rest of my question^^

Stiill thanks for a very fast response!

You cannot preview the website before uploading unless you use the website builder, but that will not allow you to upload your own site files. As for the rest of your question, what you see is what everyone will see. They see what is changed in real time and whatever code is written will show up, provided it is written properly without any errors.

1 Like

@Thompsonius

• The way your website looks depends on your code and how that code is treated by the browsers your visitors are using. Each browser has its own way of handling the HTML/CSS code, thus creating a website compatible with all browsers is quite a big deal. Despite this fact, most HTML tags and CSS directives will look the same.

• The changes are updated in real time (depending on what cache settings do you specify).

can I change my website when it is published.

Of course :wink:

Thnx… I’m indeed using webbuilder where you can use preview… but so far I can understand is that what I make is what they will see and not what the “preview” shows.

Ah ok, if you are using the website builder, then you are the only one that sees the changes in preview. In order for everyone to see what you changed, you need to publish the site again. But any changes made before publishing again will not be seen by anyone but you.

I do not really understand what you mean with “but that will not allow you to upload your own site files” Do you mean that I can’t upload my website? please, explain :slight_smile:

However, you also confirm that “preview” is not 100% accurate? because I have a locked background which follows you but the preview does not and, therefore. you see the background three times. I want to know wether the preview is the best representative of what it will look like, or the “buildview”, because I want to be certain to do the right thing.

Zyro is one of the best website builders on net, offering support for most browsers, being well compatible with the most used ones (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc).

From my experience, the preview is 100% accurate in this case. :wink:

thanks for your comment, however, than I don’t understand why the preview does not “follow” the options I have marked on. (“Background is stuck on screen” is marked on) but preview does not show that… So which one is the most accurate?

(“Background is stuck on screen” is marked on) but preview does not show that…

The preview sometimes can’t show that in order to let you build the website. But once you publish it, it will show the way you have set it to.

Any questions you have, please do post back :slight_smile:

1 Like