Question about replying from a forwarded email

I have several email accounts forwarded to a Gmail account. I would like to set up the option on Gmail that allows you to respond to an email from the address it was sent from. To do that I need to set up an account for my forwarded address in Gmail. Every time I try I get this message “Couldn’t reach server. Please double-check the server and port number.”

The SMTP server which is automatically filled in in the Gmail form is: mail.post.000webhost.com
I have not found anywhere to verify if that is right.
I have also tried all the different port options (587, 465, 25) and none of them work.
I have tried selecting both “Secured connection using TLS,” and “Secured connection using SSL” neither of those seems to work.

Could you please help me figure out what I am doing wrong?

Thank you for your help.

Hi @EnglishWise!

000webhost supports only forwarders like

client_email@provider.com ---> email@domain.com --> your mailbox

It does not support forwarders/replies like:

your mailbox ---> email@domain.com ---> client_email@provider.com

For that, you should have a look at

Does that mean that it is impossible to respond to an email from the same address it was sent to? If it is, would that be different if I signed up for a professional account?

Does that mean that it is impossible to respond to an email from the same address it was sent to?

Yes.

If it is, would that be different if I signed up for a professional account?

Yes. Paid accounts do support mailboxes :wink:

@EnglishWise Try this, this tutorial will help you set reply to address of your forwarded email.

If you’ve any doubts do ask.

1 Like

Thank you so much!
:grinning:

2 Likes