Redirecting www to non-www domain, not working!

Hello,

So I recently bought a domain with GoDaddy and decided to host it on 000webhost as a free website. I’m trying to build a website and I’m facing issues with redirecting ‘www’ to ‘non-www’

Here are the things that I have done so far:

1. Purchased a domain and changed the name servers as mentioned on 000webhost blog post.
  2. Parked the domain on 000webhost
  3. Installed WP

The default website (non-www) loads properly. However, when I open my domain with ‘www’, it throws me an error saying ‘website no longer exists.’

I tried to search various things on how to redirect www to non-www website and it didn’t help. I tried to edit the htaccess but the code won’t save to my file even though I have admin rights.

000website support hasn’t been helpful in this situation as well?

Any help guys?

The support is here, not sure where you got support from :confused:

Did you park it or point it?

As I mentioned above, I have parked my domain.

I read that to redirect www to non-www site, you’ve to edit the htaccess (I have searched the code), but I couldn’t save the htaccess file in the File Manager.

Is there any other way to resolve the issue?

Also, My FTP account doesn’t work. I tried using FileZilla and also using 000webhost’s File Manager. FileZilla throws an error saying ‘incorrect password’ even though I’m using the correct one. In the 000webhost’s File Manager, I get logged out as soon as I try to edit and save a file.

What domain is this about?