Setting wordpress website address

So I went to godaddy, set www (of CNAME type) to point to my 000webhost address. I logged on to 000webhost, added domain there, linked it to my site.

My own domain is www.cryptobarbershop.com and it now has a cname pointing to the 000webhost address.

When i go to cryptobarbershop now, it gets redirected to the 000webhost address. It doesnt look like im going to cryptobarbershop, but im getting forwarded to another site, if you know what i mean. Please try going to the site yourself. It’s just a blank wordpress site now.

Anyone ever experienced this? I’ve made another site through 000webhost and didnt run into this.

Please go to wp admin area, then setting, then pernalinks.

Check this tutorial and let me know how it went for you

Thanks @Infinity for the guide. That should help if I can get the Settings->General page to load. Everything on my entire site is just running slowly. The Settings->General page doesn’t even load. I wonder what’s going on. I have another wp page on webhost and that loads fine…

I’ll keep investigating…

Thanks and happy new year!

1 Like

Do you have many plugins?

I have changed your site and home URL via option 2 of the tutorial.

It appears to be loading fine, please reply if you have any more issues.

Thanks once again @Infinity. I couldn’t figure out what was causing the page from loading so slowly so I deleted the whole thing and reinstalled wordpress. It’s loading fine now. I don’t think I had any plugins in the old site - it was brand new.

I was wondering why my domain was working correctly on the new site without me changing anything until I saw your post. Thank you very much for assisting me with this!

2 Likes

Nice to see your problem is fixed. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you have further more questions feel free to open a topic :wink:

1 Like