Site Can't Provide A Secure Connection

Hello,

I need some help. I have a domain pointed to my 000webhost website.

I have been applying for jobs and I heard in an interview that the portfolio website I’m directing people to is putting up a ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR and is not letting people look at the site.

I’m so embarrassed. I can’t imagine how this has impacted my ability to get a job!

How can I fix this problem so that browsers allow people to look at the site?

Thanks!

site_error!

1 Like

do ssl certification

How do I do SSL certification?

Is it relevant to the domain name or to the web hosting here at 000webhost?

1 Like

visit cloudflare.com

I don’t have any type of eCommerce site and no information is being exchanged.

Is there something I can put into the code instead of buying/using a certificate?

1 Like

cloudflare offers free ssl certification

ask @Supun for the way out

What is your website please?

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by “way out”. Can you tell me.

I saw the free SSL certification on Cloudflare. Thanks QuinnRoyalty.

I have my domain name pointed to the site hosted on 000webhost.

Do I need SSL certification for both the domain name and for the web hosting site?

latestagenda.com is the website

1 Like

This might help you.

Do I also need to get an SSL for the domain name as well?

sorry

You do not need to buy. Follow above tutorial. It will show how to use cloudflare for SSL

1 Like

The domain actually had an SSL certificate with the domain but I had to go through a process for it.

I have the certificate but I’m not sure how to upload it to the 000webhost Cpanel correctly.

How do I do that?

Hi @littlesweetie!

I have the certificate but I’m not sure how to upload it to the 000webhost Cpanel correctly.

You can’t use your own SSL certificates in free plans.

Follow the upper tutorial to link your domain through Cloudflare.

I saw all the stuff for Cloudflare and have gone through it.

Why can’t I use the SSL that I just went the the trouble of getting with the domain?

Does that mean I have to remove the SSL certificate I just got from the domain and then add the SSL certificate that I now have to go get from Cloudflare?

Why can’t I use the SSL that I just went the the trouble of getting with the domain?

000webhost has been intended to be a free hosting provider for learning and hobby purposes. Our own *.000webhostapp.com domain already offers you encrypted connection.

Does that mean I have to remove the SSL certificate I just got from the domain and then add the SSL certificate that I now have to go get from Cloudflare?

If you want to host your site on 000webhost there is no way you can use your own SSL certificates. The only way to do this is to either buy a business plan, either buy and set up a VPS.