Site Only Loading Intermittently: Confused

Hello, all. My site is loading very slowly, sometimes not at all. I cannot log into the backend at all. I read the post titled Rate Limiting Policy, but I must admit, I don’t actually understand it.

I do have a wordpress site, so I think this might apply to me, but I’m not sure. It looks like maybe I need to disable some plugins, but I’m not sure how to do that without being able to get /wp-admin to load.

Can someone explain the Rate Limiting like you’re explaining it to a kindergartner?

Thank you!!

Lol sure, kindergarten it is. Basically, the script (wordpress) makes a call to the database every time you perform an action, like load a page on your site. The rate limiting policy is that there can only be a set number of connections to the database at once, and when there are a lot of plugins and you are loading pages constantly, those connections add up.

One way around this is to not use a lot of plugins, or especially a lot of plugins that require lots of connections at once (we are working on a list of plugins that do this). However, in your case, you have already maxed out so you can’t access any pages (including wp-admin, where you would disable the plugins). What you need to do is as follows:

1. Open the File Manager
  2. Navigate to /wp-content/plugins
  3. Find the folders that have names of the plugins (that should be all of them), and either delete or rename them.
  4. After 1-4 hours, the site should return to normal

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahh thank you! And if I decided that I really do want all those plug-ins, then upgrading my plan would solve the issue?

Is there a way to know how many connections are being requested, or is it safe to assume that the lower paid plan would be enough?

@mikaselm [quote=“mikaselm, post:3, topic:76402”]
Ahh thank you! And if I decided that I really do want all those plug-ins, then upgrading my plan would solve the issue?
[/quote]
Yes.

If it’s a startup, then lower plan would be enough.
Later you can upgrade to bigger plans, if your business is growing.

So I think it’s better to have the options to run the plugins if I need to, and I’ve just purchased the pro plan, but it still says I’m on free. Does it take a while for that to update?

Thanks,

Mika

When you purchase the pro plan, your new panel will be on hostinger! :wink:

You’ll have to download your data and upload it there :slight_smile:

I see now. Thank you again, I REALLY appreciate all the help you all have given and I’ll recommend you to anyone I know who needs hosting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s very nice to hear :blush:
We work on providing the best support, care and help to our customers :slight_smile: we really apprreciate you liked our services and wish you enjoy your premium features :wink:

1 Like