Theme

I want to add a theme to my site, but when I try to add it to the public_html it doesnt work? am I putting it in the wrong place ? HELP ?!

Theme for what? What script are you running?

well I dont think I have like a script running, I created a host, then installed a theme for it. Didn’t install forums or anything.

You mean the website builder?

yes, then I went to the theme libary. I found one I like but wont install? any reason or did I do it wrong ?

Which theme is it?

http://www.000webhost.com/templates/?action=download&ID=TItpnqQMpvM= is

call of duty one .

Eeks, that will make things complicated. Website builder by default supports only the themes offered in its selection screen. A “regular” template like the one you chose can´t be implemented in website builder that easily. You would have to add all the variables used by website builder to the theme, change the CSS around and a few other things too.

ekkkk. lol . Anyway to change the theme without doing all that ?

Nope, not really. Those templates you linked to are plain html templates that are not to be meant with things like website builder.

I want a basic site, no forums or anything. What would be a good thing for it ? like any scripts from Fantastico Autoinstaller?

For a basic site the template you linked would be just fine. The thing is that any changes need to be made in the source code directly. Fantastico Autoinstaller is down and will be down for a while i´d say but even that wouldn´t install a basic site. Fantastico is meant to install common scripts like WordPress, phpBB, SMF, B2Evo, etc.

is there any way you can help me install that template on the site?

Installing the template is as easy as uploading the contents of the archive to your public_html directory. You will then have a page with the design and need to put your content in there. That requires at least some basic knowledge.

alright, thanks

yea what you need to do otonyo is what he said above, stop trying to use “Website Builder” or whatever it is, and just upload the template .html file onto your host server by using file manager or an FTP client like FileZilla.

To edit the file you can use a simple text editor like notepad. You can even edit the .html file from within some popular FTP clients like FileZilla simplifying things even further.

As far as “Website Builder” is concerned, there should be a note telling new people that they don’t really need that at all. I mean because from what I can tell new people come on here and see that and maybe they assume that it’s the only thing they can use or something and then they try to use it for everything and it has limitations, then they come on the forums asking how to do something by using “Website Builder” and nobody ever tells them that they don’t need to be using “Website Builder” at all.

Seems to me it would be a vast simplification if “Website Builder” were completely and permanently removed altogether. Seems more of a hinderance or complication than any benefit.

yah, well im going to install php-nuke onto the site (Y) hopefully that helps

okay then good luck. personally I’ve heard bad things about phpnuke but maybe it’ll work out for you. I use CMSMS for my site, it’s really easy.

yah, I tried php nuke ? its alright, I want somethng that has a forum and is for content mangement… any ideas on what ? plus another thing is … if you go to kamhosting.tk the border width I want it to be more smaller … like have gaps on the sides of it … like a normal site. Any help?

Well if you’re trying to have your forum actually be integrated with the front end of your CMS then I would have to recommend either Drupal or Joomla (even though I personally found Joomla to be a bit difficult with web templates - I’m not exactly sure of the scope of your website or how big it would be, mine is huge with about 16 different templates but I realize I probably shouldn’t recommend something to you based on what my website required) in this case you would be limited to whatever forum software has bridge capability with that particular CMS.

If you just want a freestanding forum that’s not integrated with frontend login of your CMS then you could go with any CMS and in that case I would recommend what I use, CMSMS. In this case you could use any forum software out there since it would have no bearing on whether it is compatible with your CMS.