.Tk scam!

I hope you all realize that you don’t own the domains at .tk unless you actually pay for it. They can do whatever they want with the domains. I have several sites with them that only get 100 hits a day so I’m under the radar.

That’s exactly what I was pointing out but people are people.

Removed message

Still though, You should have paid for the domain.

000webhost isn’t any better, if you start getting traffic here they’ll shut down your account without warning and make you pay to get your data back.

Never hapenned that to me. Just with dot.tk they already took to me 3 domains.

If your site, forum, whatever… is getting enough visitor traffic to trip the resource limits here then you need to

a: write better code, use caching or other workarounds to spread the load.

b: accept that your site is not a hobby or for development/ learning purposes but is in fact a business. So will require an environment that provides more resources for future expansion and stability.

c: Backup Your Code & Data! regulary

Whilst I do not agree with the policy holding of code or databases to ransom it does teach a very important lesson. For many times over the years some very reputable web hosts have actually** lied to customers** about making regular backups as part of the hosting service.

So no matter what the Terms of Service say, follow the golden rules of backup and keep a copy of everything offsite. Scripts exist that will send a copy of your entire site including databases all neatly compressed as a zip folder to the email address of your choosing.

WordPress users: Go look , there is probably a plugin.

Going to another host or a paid plan with hosting24 would have been fine provided I was given a warning.

The only warning I was given was after they deleted my data. The warning stated:

We have found that your blog/forum had thousands of entries, comments, posts or users registered. This usually happens if you do not manage your website well, so automated bots register on your website and start posting junk/spam records there. Such activities overload our MySQL server and all users on the server start getting MySQL connection problems.

The only way to get your account reactivated is to upgrade to our premium hosting where we have more powerful servers. You can upgrade from http://www.000webhost.com/upgrade
We will be happy to move your website there for free.

The site was managed well and certainly didn’t have thousands of automated bots that registered and posted.

Obviously you guys that volunteer on the forum are just trying to help, but you guys are sticking your fingers in your ears as to what is really happening.

(BTW, hosting24 cannot move your website there for free… they delete your recent data. It’s a scam. As soon as I realized it I cancelled my hosting24 account and quickly moved to a different hosting company.)

I personally no longer care, I’m just trying to prevent it from happening to someone else.