Unable to connect to FTP server on port 21

This is the error message I receive below.
I cannot access my file manager to my website

“Unable to connect to FTP server timeshadowed.comlu.com on port 21.”

What is wrong? What is 'port 21? Is this something wrong with my computer or browser or something connected with one of your servers.

This is the server that my site is on.
server38.000webhost.com

I can get into my stats page, but not the file manager. Why??

An error has occured

Unable to connect to FTP server timeshadowed.comlu.com on port 21.

Are you sure this is the address of the FTP server? This is often different from that of the HTTP (web) server. Please contact your ISP helpdesk or system administrator for help.

Go back or Go to the login page

View technical details
Hide technical details

The error occured in file /home/manager/public_html/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 111.

* function ftp_openconnection (/home/manager/public_html/modules/browse/browse.inc.php on line 459)
* function net2ftp_module_printBody (/home/manager/public_html/main.inc.php on line 317)
* function net2ftp (/home/manager/public_html/index.php on line 108)
      o argument 0: printBody

Port 21 is the -default- port FTP servers use.

But I want to know why I cannot connect to the file manager in the control panel here.

Is this a “server38.000webhost.com” error and something that needs to be fixed on your end?

If not, then how do I fix the problem?

Error can be a temporary error. Please try after some time

It has been like this for 2 days now! How long do I have to wait? I still want to know whose error it is, my end or yours?

You can try submitting a ticket to server administrators

Does either file manager work, and can you connect with a program such as Filezilla?

I can connect to the cpanel so that I get all the menu up - the web stats icon works and pull up my stats, so I’m logged in OK. But when I try to click the ‘file manager’ icon, all I get is the error message that I posted after I click on this “Your session has expired; please enter your password for FTP server timeshadowed.comlu.com to continue.
” popup. When I click on ‘An other file Manager’ that one opens up so that I can see a list of my files, but cannot figure out how to edit them or how to do anything else with the files.

How does one edit a file while using the ‘An other file Manager’ ?

How do you do that?

You need to use the get help tab in your members area.

OK, but what about my other questions that I have asked up-thread? I need some answers. Is anyone else having problems like this?

Now I’m getting this message when I re-entered my password rather than using the one that came up blanked out.

Warning: ftp_login(): Login authentication failed in /srv/www/htdocs/net2ftp.com/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 61
An error has occured

Unable to login to FTP server 38.000webhost.com with username timeshadowed.

Are you sure your username and password are correct? Please contact your ISP helpdesk or system administrator for help.

Go back or Go to the login page

View technical details
Hide technical details

The error occured in file /srv/www/htdocs/net2ftp.com/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 64.

* function ftp_openconnection (/srv/www/htdocs/net2ftp.com/modules/browse/browse.inc.php on line 234)
* function net2ftp_module_printBody (/srv/www/htdocs/net2ftp.com/main.inc.php on line 313)
* function net2ftp (/srv/www/htdocs/net2ftp.com/index.php on line 61)
      o argument 0: printBody

H

I just changed my password but I still get the error message.

Am I the only one who is having problems getting into the web based file manager located in the c panel?

i use zilla fpt
530 Login authentication failed
please help login

So, then, it must be a problem with 000WebHost.com’s ftp server, right?

no
thank you
i change the password in ftp

I changed my password too, but I still can not get into the file manager.

I thought only me, no your not the only one.

Please update if this problem solved

Thanks for confirming that there is a programing error. I have written 2 tickets trying to get help. Finally they told me that a top tech would be looking into the problem today.

Cheers