Website sleeping for 4 hours? Limitations please?

So I’ve just noticed after making some updates to the website that my website is inactive for 1 hour out of 4. I would like to know the limitations and effects this has to my website? As I can see it’s still online… Does this mean I am unable to update my website despite it being online? Please note my website is HTML and CSS and that’s it… No need to optimise such a petty site.

I would also like to op out of the 4 hour turn off schedule with my free account until I receive professional notice via email notifying me of this change, rather than not being notified and allowing you to do things under the radar without my knowledge. I think that’s a reasonable request seeing as I am using your services with expectations I signed up to.

Thanks, Matt

1 Like

Hi @ShadPro
To provide equal and fast services to everyone all new accounts will be on 4 hours sleep daily and you can set the time when you want your account to be sleep according to your schedule.

1 Like

Hi Ari no disrespect but this hasn’t answered my question. What are the limitations and effects of my website being asleep. Does this mean it is offline or just unable to update till 4 hours?

Also I would like to know where I clicked agree to this 4 hour thing. If what you’re saying is that I didn’t then you won’t mind removing this rule until giving me official notice of this change in the new T&C’s

Thanks

1 Like

This change is kind if new and will be added to our TOS :slight_smile:

Based on previous posts on this forum it’s been active a for a little while so it’s not that new… Would anyone be able to answer my questions regarding limitations of this offline/inactive state? Or is that request being ignored.

Since it’s something I have no agreed or approved I would like to op-ed out of this until this is show on the new TOS that I have to re submit that I understand, until then I feel rather cheated that this has happened behind our backs without notice and expected to be accepted when it’s wrong… I get why this has been introduced but not when it’s not been announced with notice. Surely you understand?

You can choose a four hour sleep window (most users will pick late hours that no one will visit their site)
When sleep activates your site simply shuts down to save resources and better the service for everyone else, alike when other sites are sleeping and yours is not, users will receive a sleeping message and that is all.
If you need premium hosting I recommend moving services.

I was a little confused with the how the sleeping worked as I thought it was self explanatory, but when I went into the website last night on a new device never been on the site while it was “sleeping” I was able to view it with full function. Does it keep the site cache on your host?

Please inform me when I am opted out of this until this is added to the TOS thanks

1 Like

Additionally, you can use cloudflare so when your site sleeps, it serves static pages :slight_smile:

As far as I know if you set sleep to 2am-6am then for those 4 hours all users and devices will be unable to access it.
Unsure why you would have been able to load apart from maybe cache or old cache via ISP weird?

Our services can be removed or modified at any time you don’t need anything added to ToS

000webhost is designed for learners not businesses.

1 Like

I assure you I went on a uncached device on 4G that’s never had access to the site. Weird I agree how would I use Cloudflare?

1 Like

Have you a parked domain?

If you have the process is incredibly easy, head over to CloudFlare firstly —> https://www.cloudflare.com/

1. Signup
  1. Add your domain

3)Scanning

They’ll scan your domain for the existing nameservers

Once completed you’ll need to change your existing nameservers to the ones that CloudFlare gives you.

It will tell you to check your existing ones it has found to be correct

Choose the free plan

It will give you the new nameservers to use at your domain registrar

You may need to enable caching of HTML content.

1 Like