What is the migration to paid account like

Essentially i have decided to move onto a paid hosting service, for one, id like to be a little more aggressive in how i host photos in my blog. Also, at least i think, theres easy native support for offline backups or at least on-server backups, and if not, thats not really so important.

What i want to know is what will happen if i upgrade to paid hosting? Is everything automatically transfered over to a new server or something and remains fully functional? i have databases in place with wordpress and im not entirely familiar with how they work, and if the transfer to hostinger i think it was, will have some impact.

Hi @ombj64!

If your current website(s) are hosted on 000webhost and you’d like to buy a paid plan, the migration will be performed by us.

However if your website relies on other hosting services, you may need to ask your hosting provider to back up your site and then send it to us so we can properly restore it.

yeah its on 000webhost, so, basically your saying the transfer wont affect my site at all then in a negative way?

No.

The only thing which would mainly change is your website address. It will no longer be .000webhostapp.com

But there are alternatives. Depending on the plan you choose, you could pick up a free, human-like, domain :wink:

1 Like