Why am I breaching Requests Per Minute?

I find myself hitting the RPM so very often, even when just updating things on a continuous basis say for an hour in WordPress. Each time the system detects a breach the website stops loading for about 30 minutes.

My website is virtually unknown and there’s no way visitors could be contributing to the RPM.

I have about 6-7 plugins in WP and suspect maybe they’re what’s causing it? I don’t use caching plugins, just mainly productivity plugins.

hi @FurstLars
Each click on your wordpress executes a query and on 000webhost the max queries per hour is 15000 and after that you have to wait for them to be cooled down to access your website again.
you can read about this here

For non interrupted services upgrade to Hostinger

Thanks Ayu. Help me understand a bit more as I’m definitely not clicking 15,000 times in an hour?

Unsure exactly how 000webhost counts requests.

But for databases every query results in one request.
Loading a webpage once, could result in several queries, such as “top menu”, “read posts”, “archive menu” and so forth, the three I just wrote down means a minimum of three database requests per reload, plugins, especially poorly written ones, could increase this number.

If it is “file requests” limit your are hitting, remember that one website could request several files from the server at once.
E.g. the 000webhost frontpage (not the forum) requests almost 30 files on each reload.

Again, I am unsure of how they count this, but in theory the “X000” hits per X minutes (I can’t remember the numbers) could, for some pages, mean you’re only allowed to reload the website… say… 10 times within those X minutes.

This is where optimizing comes into the picture.
Some websites load all images from one single file, then codes how the images should be displayed (thus only one request is made towards all images)
Then one could merge multiple CSS and JS files… the total ammount of requests one would make towards the server in that case, would be a maximum of 4 (images, scripts, css and the HTML page)

Alternatively, you could get images and files from external servers, e.g. load jQuery from the Google servers and images from some other image host.

About queries, well… in that case, it’s all about optimizing.

I’m already in the process of moving all images to Google Drive. Given that my website is a photography-based one, this should help alleviate things…

1 Like