Wordpress install not working - Server?

hi! I am having a problem in my website… I made a new account and started everything and I am trying to install wordpress… but I can’t do it because 000webhost.com don’t let me install it… It displays the following message: “Error establishing a database connection”… Anyone could help me?

Also the Fantastico autoinstaller is down for upgrade… Could it be the reason? How many days would the Fantastico be down?

Thanks!

Fantastico will be down for a while, believe me :slight_smile:
This tutorial should be a big help in setting up WordPress yourself. The error you receive most likely is because of not having changed the mysql database details in wp-config.php

Thanks for your response! I viewed another post and Saw my problem. Yes that’s the wp-config… i didn’t change the MySQL host and it was only ‘localhost’… Thanks for the tuturial! I will be helpful !

Why will Fantastico be down for a while’?

Thx

I assume it´ll be down for a while because it´s been down like what? 1.5 years? :slight_smile:
And it doesn´t seem to be on the priority list of things that need to get fixed.

Plus it´s better to install scripts manually since you always can use the latest version of them instead installing an (in many auto-installers i saw) outdated version of it. For example one hosting company offered to install WordPress 2.5 via Fantastico when 2.9 was already available (few months back).

Ok . Thanks for the information.

Bye

Could you help me with this:?

I created all as it should be but my wordpress blog is now in a thing like:

This is really bad! Can’t it be like this: mysite.uphero.com/ to see my blog?

move the wordpress files from /MySite to /public_html.

It doesn’t works… I have 2 folders… One is in the publics_html the other is in the Root but when i click on it, it redirects it to the folder thats under public_html

public_html is the root directory. Whatever you want to be displayed when someone visits http://yoursite.uphero.com needs to be placed directly into the public_html directory, nowhere else

I will reinstall everything… I could have made a mistake and it should be why this is not working properly…

sorry for this but I have reinstalled it and it does the same thing people can only see my blog if they tap: http://www.myblogsite.uphero.com/mysite… I wanted that for people to see my blog just typed: http://www.myblogsite.uphero.com/

Does anyone have the solution for this?

Thanks one more time…

Go to the file manager which says net2ftp (File Manager) , then navigate to “public_html/mysite”. You should’ve seen all your website files. if you look closer, there’s a “ALL” word on the top of the table, click on it and all of you website files should be selected. Then on "Transform selected entries: " choose “Move”…

Fill the set target directories to “public_html”, and then choose “set alltarget directories”…

Do double checking to make sure all of you web files will be moved to “public_html” a.k.a “www_root”…

Then just click the CHECK MARK…

Your website must be done in seconds :slight_smile:

If your website doesn’t show up, try clearing your cache
If your website file’s gone, try installing it again as sometimes it may corrupted when moving the file (either wrong directory or missing directory)
Good day and your website shows an error, maybe they are reviewing your website :wink:

willy és portugues??

I can’t access my website today via ftp… :confused:

What’s happening? I try to use it in the browser or in the ftp client but it gets an error when trying to connect to my website…

EDIT: I have done what you said but now it gets an error again…
How did you know my website?

What´s the URL to your website?

hidden url

Thanks, just had a quick look and it seems we were right. You need to move everything from your /ebookstore/ directory to the public_html directory. If you are unsure how to do that please PM me ftp details and i´ll move the files so people get to see your site when opening http://www.******.uphero.com/ in their browsers

edit: done!

Yupp, website showing up fine now :slight_smile:

thanks for the help (even behind this)

Looks the problem finished, and no, I’m not portuguese… :slight_smile: