Free Web Hosting Forum
Go Back   Free Web Hosting Forum > Website Building > Web Design and HTML
Reload this Page Can a page be hidden from the menu but still displayed?
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1)
Old
Str8 Str8 is offline
Member
Str8 is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 86
Join Date: Aug 2011
Lightbulb Can a page be hidden from the menu but still displayed? - 08-15-2011, 06:23 AM

Is there any way to hide a page from appearing in the menu, but the page still being able to be displayed? When you create a page, on the options, it asks you if you want the page to be displayed and to what menu it should be added to, but the drop down arrow MAKES you select your default menu. So is there any way to hide this page from appearing on the menu? I want to use this page as a welcome screen, but don't want everyone to be able to go back to this page once they are navigating the site, like I said, like a presentation Welcome screen.
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
lobrc's Avatar
lobrc lobrc is offline
Administrator
lobrc will become famous soon enough
 
Posts: 5,112
Join Date: Jan 2010
Default 08-15-2011, 12:39 PM

If the web builder files aren't encrypted then you can edit the pages manually.


If you're having problems with your account, please submit a ticket from your members area.

--

Free Script Installation Service
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
Str8 Str8 is offline
Member
Str8 is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 86
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default 08-15-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobrc View Post
If the web builder files aren't encrypted then you can edit the pages manually.
Oh I see, how would I go on about doing this?
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
Bad Karma[CORE]'s Avatar
Bad Karma[CORE] Bad Karma[CORE] is offline
333 - only half evil
Bad Karma[CORE] is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 6,872
Join Date: May 2008
Default 08-15-2011, 05:19 PM

The files are still encrypted afaik, so editing them manually is a no-go.
There also i no way to "hide" a page from the menu. If you create the page in Website Builder then it inevitably will show in the menu (at least that's what i figured so far, but willing to have another go at it later today).


Get in touch with me

Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
Str8 Str8 is offline
Member
Str8 is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 86
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default 08-15-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Karma[CORE] View Post
The files are still encrypted afaik, so editing them manually is a no-go.
There also i no way to "hide" a page from the menu. If you create the page in Website Builder then it inevitably will show in the menu (at least that's what i figured so far, but willing to have another go at it later today).
I really appreciate that, thanks so much
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
Str8 Str8 is offline
Member
Str8 is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 86
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default 08-15-2011, 05:27 PM

The only thing I could see doing, is rename the page and leave it blank, so that it doesn't appear, but it is still clickable and when you hover over it there is a side icon like on my other menu pages
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
Bad Karma[CORE]'s Avatar
Bad Karma[CORE] Bad Karma[CORE] is offline
333 - only half evil
Bad Karma[CORE] is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 6,872
Join Date: May 2008
Default 08-15-2011, 05:31 PM

I am almost sure that there isn't a way to accomplish what you have in mind, at least not with a hidden page. What probably could work is sort of a splash page that is addressed through a line in the .htaccess file. This way a visitor to your site would, when opening your site, see the splash page first. On that splash page is a link that takes you to the actual homepage.

Quote:
but don't want everyone to be able to go back to this page once they are navigating the site
That's not gonna work out using the website builder. Technically there are ways to realize such solution but using website builder that's nothing short of a miracle.


Get in touch with me

Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
Str8 Str8 is offline
Member
Str8 is on a distinguished road
 
Posts: 86
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default 08-15-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Karma[CORE] View Post
I am almost sure that there isn't a way to accomplish what you have in mind, at least not with a hidden page. What probably could work is sort of a splash page that is addressed through a line in the .htaccess file. This way a visitor to your site would, when opening your site, see the splash page first. On that splash page is a link that takes you to the actual homepage.


That's not gonna work out using the website builder. Technically there are ways to realize such solution but using website builder that's nothing short of a miracle.
Hmm, I just liked the idea of having it like that like a click to enter page, but if it's pretty impossible, I suppose it's not the end of the world, I appreciate the help though.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com